True Image 11 (Home) hangs is Vista

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jimmyb, Mar 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimmyb

Jimmyb Registered Member

This is my first post, so a quick introduction, I am now almost a silver surfer, however I have been using computers since 1986, so not exactly a novice.
    The problem, I have True Image 10 installed on my XP Desktop, which was upgrades to Vista (not a clean install) and all was well. When I clean installed Vista I installed True Image 11, however it was determined to hang, I carried out the updates, reboots etc, however it would hang part way through every time, and would not even close. I uninstalled 11 and put True Image 10 on, and it runs perfectly - Any answers please!!

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Make sure you have the latest build of ver. 11.

But if ver. 10 works, why go to ver. 11?

3. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

4. Jimmyb

Jimmyb Registered Member

Thank you for the replies, yes the latest version was installed, which is why I an confused that when I upgraded to 11 it does not work, yet 10 does?

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jimmyb,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Can you please install Acronis True Image 11 Home once again and provide us the following information:

(1)
    - Download and unpack the Device Tree application:
    http://download.acronis.com/support/devicetree_Vista.zip
    - Run the application from "i386" folder (run the 64-bit version of Device tree from "x64" folder if you have Windows Vista 64-bit);
    - Completely unfold (click on all plus signs) the \Driver\partmgr and \Driver\volmgr branches;
    - Move the margin to the right in order to see all the items;
    - Make a screen shot and attach it to next reply.

(2)
    Could you please download Acronis Report utility available at http://download.acronis.com/support/AcronisReport.exe and run it, create a report and send it to us? Please compress the Acronis Report output file into an archive (e.g. with WinZip) and attach to your message by browsing for the archive. This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

(3)
    - Open Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Information;
    - Choose the "Save" option in the "File" menu (or "Action" menu under Windows 2000), enter the "File name" and set the field "Save as type" to "System Information File (*.NFO)";
    - Send us the saved file.

You can send us all requested information via PM.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

6. Jimmyb

Jimmyb Registered Member

I am currently working from home, from my laptop, however when I get home I will carry out your requests.

7. Acronis Support

Hello Jimmyb,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

We are looking forward to hearing back from you at your earliest convenience.

If you have any questions concerning Acronis software I'm always ready to help you.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

8. Jimmyb

Jimmyb Registered Member

I have carried out the instructions, but how do I attach attachments to PMs?

Regards

Jim B

9. Jimmyb

Jimmyb Registered Member

Last week I spent my time uninstalling version 10 (which was working) and installing version 11 as requested, carrying out the upgrades and then gathering the information (again as requested). Yet a simple request as how to attach the attachments and 6 days later and no reply.
    If by this weekend (4 April) I do not have a response I will have remove it from my system as I will need to carry out a back up again.

10. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

Hi Jimmyb I am amazed somebody has jumped in here to help, I have not attached a file for some time so I can only point you in the right direction, Reply to this thread again and when the "reply to thread" window opens, click on the paper clip "just to the smiley face at the top" and then a window should open browse toward the file and then click on "upload" ( remember I am going from memory and an old one at that!) Hope this helps. Good luck to you.

11. sdcolor

sdcolor Registered Member

I am having the same problem backing up data. I was able to back up my boot drive with no problem, but when I try to back up my second internal drive (data only), True Image 11 hangs after about 20 minutes, after backing up about 46GB out of 183GB. . I am running Vista Ultimate 32-bit on a fast quad-core PC with 4GB of RAM. The Acronis online chat agent suggested trying the backup, booting from the CD instead. This will help determine if a service in Vista is causing the lockup. Stay tuned... :D

12. Acronis Support

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

sdcolor, could you please do the following to work around the problem?

- Run Backup Wizard;

- As soon as "Choose Backup Options" window appears, select "Set the options manually";

- In the "Backup Creation Options" window set "Compression level" to "None";

- Proceed with the backup.

Please see the article Acronis True Image 11 Home Freezes During "Files and folders" or "System State" Backup for more information.

Jimmyb, if you try to backup files and folders, the same workaround can be applied in your case also.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

13. Jimmyb

Jimmyb Registered Member

I have carried out the "work around" and indeed TI 11 does back up my files. However it is a little disappointing that a flaw is known, and a work around is required, that means one of the main functions (compression) does not work. If I wished to have non-compressed back ups, I could just copy the the files across!

14. Jimmyb

Jimmyb Registered Member

Well, having been email contact with the support, my issue has now been resolved. Anti-virus software (MacAfee in my case being the cause). The solution is install TI 11 first, then install MacAfee, and having carried out this action functionality has now been restored. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.