True Image 11 freezing up

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jamesirl, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesirl

jamesirl Registered Member

I am trying to backup my dell d531 laptop with ATI VERS 11. but it looks like its doing a backup (using boot cd..ie not in windows) then just stops.. and sits there for hours.. mouse still works.. I am using a seagate external usb drive ..I had no problems using version 8 on my desktop to the same external seagate drive.. .The pc works normally outside of acronis..no freezups etc.

Ive done defrag. and file chk on both disks.. Still freezing though .. Any suggestions..Thanks in advance..

2. lnchrs

lnchrs Registered Member

Go to version 10. TI V11 is riddled with problems. Continue reading the posts.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jamesirl,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Backup software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

The latest build number for Acronis True Image 11 Home is 8053. So please make sure that you use it. The build number can be found in the Help -> About dialog. If the build you use is not the latest one please feel free to download it in the following way:

- Go to https://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/index.html and register there. If you have already been registered please skip this step.
    - Enter your Home Page at Acronis web site typing your e-mail and password in the fields in the right part of the screen.
    - If you have not registered Acronis True Image 11 Home yet please go to the "Product Registration" section. Then please type the serial number for Acronis product and click Register.
    - After product registration please go to Product Updates section and click the name of the product you registered before.
    - Click "Get Update" link and save it on your hard disk drive.

After the latest build is downloaded please install it and recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media.

If the issue still persists you can try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as described in Acronis Help Post.

If it does not help we would recommend you to collect Windows System Information and sysinfo.txt file created under Acronis Bootable CD as described in Acronis Help Post. Then please submit a request to Acronis Customer Support Service with the attached files mentioned earlier. This would let us investigate the issue.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.