True Image 11 and raw disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by brunchto, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brunchto

brunchto Registered Member

Hi,

I have to clone a disk with no partition infos.
    I've downloaded TI11 eval, to test. But, for True Image, disk is empty and i cannot clone it (even in raw mode).
    it there an app which can do that or is it possible to do it with TI11?

thanks

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

You have to use the "Add New Disk" feature of True Image to prepare the new drive.

3. brunchto

Thanks for your answer, but i don't want to add a new disk. I want to clone a disk with no partition info (but with raw data) on a new disk (which is ok)

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I think ATI is meant only to read partitioned drives. Without a files system structure, I doubt that ATI doesn't know which sectors are in use and which are not. If you can try a full disk (my computer) backup and choose sector by sector and that doesn't work, then I think that means ATI isn't what you need.

5. brunchto

since i can make raw copies, i thought i could clone a disk without partition infos...

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

This disk has onlyh low-level formatting or what? If you copied the bytes onto the disk why can't yo copy them off the same way?

7. brunchto

it's a hd sat recorder hard drive. i think that firmware write data in raw format or something like that or write partition infos when firmware boots.
    i would like to put a larger drive and keep recordings.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello brunchto,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Most likely, Acronis True Image 11 Home will be able to perform cloning of such disk using Acronis Bootable Rescue Media. Since it lacks partition information, it's most likely not properly recognized by Windows drivers.

We recommend you to submit a request to our Support Team. Describe your situation and explain that you need an evalutaion version of Acronis Bootable Rescue Media with enabled Disk Clone tool. We will do our best to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

9. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

brunchto:

You need to check these guys out - they have a simple, inexpensive software program that will do exactly what you want with TiVo drives. Their forum is here. Conventional imaging software like Ghost and TrueImage will not copy data from DVD recorder drives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.