True Image 10/Vista 64/ and Blue Screen of Death

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mls1995, Feb 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mls1995

mls1995 Registered Member

I have used True Image 10 with Vista 32 without any problems. However, I recently had my system rebuilt with a EVGA 780i motherboard and installed Vista 64. Now when I go to restore an image, I am occasionally having a major problem. After successfully restoring an incremental image, the system will have a blue screen of death when booting vista 64. The system will the continue to reboot over and over and fail with a blue screen of death that comes up and reboots too fast for me to read it.

The only way to fix my system from that point is to pick a different incremental image and restore it as this occasionally fixes the problem. Obviously, though, this defeats the purpose of making new images or even using the program at all since it's very random. Please help, I love your program but I'm afraid I can't use it anymore since it's become unreliable.

2. nb47

nb47 Registered Member

If the motherboard or chipset, hardware,etc. is different it can/will give you o_O problems based on what I've read on here.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup software

mls1995, could you please clarify if you're restoring the old image or image created on this new hardware?

If you're trying to restore the new image then could you please create Windows Dump:

* Right click on My Computer, choose Properties and go to the Advanced system settings
    * Hit Settings in the Startup and Recovery box
    * Choose Small memory dump in Write debugging information
    * Close all the dialog windows by clicking OK buttons
    * Reproduce the system crash
    * The small dump file will be created in the directory chosen in the Small dump directory box.

The %SystemRoot% value is the location of the operating system folder. The default path on a clean installation depends upon the version of the operating system. By default in Windows NT 5.1 (Windows XP) and newer versions (Windows Vista) it is \WINDOWS.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Michael Levchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.