True Image 10 .tib backup file sizes larger than TI 9?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pcumming, Dec 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pcumming

pcumming Registered Member

Moved to TI 10. Of course I uninstalled version 9 first..

Spanned file sized of 1.5gb. Under TI 9 had 7 1.5gb backup files.

With version 10, now have 10 files?
    Anyone notice either a larger file size or more split files?

Thank you
    peter

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Pcumming,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that Acronis True Image 10.0 Home creates the archive larger than Acronis True Image 9.0 archive of the same files.

Therefore, it is normal behavior of the product.

If you have any questions concerning our software, please feel free to contact us at your earliest convenience with the details and we will do our best to help you as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Ivan Sarychev

3. pcumming

pcumming Registered Member

Ivan,
    Thank you very much.
    Perhaps it would be good if you could explain to all of us why the archives would be larger in TI 10? I realize that TI 10 might be a larger product but I had quite a few more .tib files than with version 9. Therefore I excluded pagefile.sys, dllcache, prefetch and contentie5 subdirectories to help out a bit.

Thanks, Peter

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello pcumming,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that Ivan was to fast with the conclusion. Please note that image creation algorithm was not changed it Acronis True Image 10.0 Home, therefore, there should be no difference in the size of the image archives of the exact same data created with version 9.0 and version 10.0.

Could you please be more specific and describe the situation in more details?

Please clarify the data you have backed up with version 9.0 and version 10.0. Did you create file-based backup or image of the selected disk/partition?

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.