True Image 10 files?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MSUDVM, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MSUDVM

MSUDVM Registered Member

Can someone tell my why when I make a new full computer backup on 1 external harddrive the backup will contain multiple TIB files (12) and then when I use the exact same settings and backup to another harddrive, 1 have 1 60GB file?

It seems the single file always is corrupt when I try to restore using it, even though I verified the backup at the time that it was made. When I try to restore from the multi-file backup , it works just fine. Thanks for your help. I am using TRUEiMAGE hOME VERSION 10, latest build.

Dan

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

The drive that has 12 files is formatted as FAT 32 while the other one is formatted in NTFS.

It's your choice.

Xpilot

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

The usual reason for unrequested file splitting is the fact the external (or other backup location) is formatted FAT32 which can only have a maximum filesize of about 4GB. Formatting the external as NTFS will stop this splitting.

Is your 60GB file on an external drive as well? If so, a possible problem can be that the USB chipset does not handle very large files properly; although it is strange it does validate OK.

Try setting a split size in the Options page in the backup wizard and see if that corrects the problem. You could try various values.

4. MSUDVM

MSUDVM Registered Member

formatted as FAT 32 while the other one is formatted in NTFS

Is one file format better?

Also, can you drag and drop a TrueImage backup from an external FAT32 drive to a NTFS external drive and the backup file is still usable?

Dan

5. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

6. bkg2006

bkg2006 Registered Member

I haven't had any success with the options->file splitting, my backup location is NTFS, and I always get a single whopper backup file. When I did have the backup location formatted as FAT32 I did get autosplitting at 4GB.

So what's the trick to getting splitting working? I'm using a "backup location" and not just a path to the share.

Thanks,

Brian

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bkg2006,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that archive splitting option is not available when you store the image to the Backup Location. This was done by design. Please have a look at this previous post of mine for details.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.