True Image 10 *4.871 crashes my system

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Keskila, Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keskila

Keskila Registered Member

Hi,
    I recently installed Acronis TI 10 build*4.871 on my computer.The installation was OK but, each time i want to perform a backup or create a backup disk, my system crashes and restart. Windows displays "System Has Recovered from a Serious Error". Any help ?
    Thanks

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Does it crash instantly or does it run a bit before it dies?

Look in the XP Event Viewer logs to see if there is a clue.

Your download of TI might be bad or it didn't install correctly. Have you tried removing and reinstalling. I don't know what the MD5 checksum is for your version, perhaps somebody could post it and you could check yours to confirm it is correct.

Run chkdsk X: /r on all of your partitions. Substitute the drive letter of the partition being tested for X. Reboot is required for C.

You may have a bad memory location. You can run memtest86+ available free at www. memtest.org to check your RAM.

Even if it isn't something that is found by chkdsk or memtest86+, it is a very good idea to run both of these utilities before making your first backup. Ideally, memtest should run for an extended period of time such as overnight.

3. Keskila

Hi,
    According to md5 checksum is correct (5D3D4EE6B8B53BB0637AF4FB3A2F8F07), checkdisk is ok and memtest seems ok also.TI was reinstalled with the same result.
    The event viewer shows the following :
    System error - category 102 - Event ID 1003
    Error code 100000d1. It is always the same error and TI crashes immediately as soon as i want to perform any backup operation.

4. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

What is you system spec. Are you overclocking ??

F.

5. Keskila

Hi ,

My system spec :

Pentium 4 2.4 GZ 1GB RAM (no overclocking), 2 SATA hard drive, Win XP pro SP2 (updated) and Zone alarm internet security suite

6. nickxau

nickxau Registered Member

hi keskila,

i feel for u as i have EXACTLY the same problem and i know EXACTLY what you are going through. I am till this day waiting for a response from the Acronis support team. I shall post here if I have more info.

If an Acronis support personnel would like to look into this problem, my case number is [Acronis #842427].

I've downloaded and installed the trial software twice and it produces exactly the same error. My system specs are:
    Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz
    ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe M/B
    512MB DDR400 RAM
    Promise SATA150 TX series controller
    1 x IDE primary HDD
    2 x SATA secondary HDD
    Nothing overclocked.

I have managed to find a workaround for my particular system but it is not the ideal solution.

7. zelly

zelly Registered Member

Hi all, I installed TI 10 *4.871 on my System - and run into the same problem like Keskila and nickxau. I have exactly the same hardware as nickxau. I sent a support request to ACRONIS and asked, if there is already a solution for ticket #842427. Pls. inform me if you should receive some information about.. Thks. zelly

8. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Can you share with us the workaround. You never know when a piece of duct tape is going to come in handy.

As Gates said, "Computers are so complicated now, nobody understands them -- only he knows some of this part and she knows some about that, but no one knows how they work anymore."

9. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

Have any of you tried to do a backup/image with the "rescue disk"?
    It could be a "duct tape" solution until a fix is discovered.

10. Keskila

It seems there is a problem with the Promise SATA150 TX controller because TI doesn't crash anymore if i disable it.
    TI crashed again when i enabled it. A driver problem ?
    I will contact Acronis about that.

11. Chris4You

Chris4You Registered Member

Hi,

I've nearly the same Problem (my system crashed already by trying to install ATI 10 home (SATA-HD's-Problem?) https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=160775)...
    Worst of all, i can't deinstall the SW nor install it in a correct (not crashing way), on every reboot i get the message "depending installation, insert acronis installation disk, seraching for file timntr_2k.sys)...

Any solutions outside?

Chris4You

12. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it and see if the problem still persists.

If that does not help, please replace C:\WINDOWS\system32\snapapi.dll with the one from the downloaded SnapAPI archive
    - Reproduce the problem;
    - Get the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log.

Please make a screen shot of the Device Tree application the way described in this previous post.

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please perform the action described in this previous post to enable Windows mini-dumps that will allow us to investigate the problem thoroughly and to provide you with a possible solution.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Please also note that the possible workaround may be performing the operation using the Acronis Bootable Media.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  13. DrNo123

DrNo123 Registered Member

Same with me. P4 3Ghz on Asus P4P800-E Deluxe.

When Promise SATA-Controller is activated in BIOS (makes no difference if activated as IDE or RAID mode) the system hard resets as soon as you click NEXT on the screen where you select the contents of the rescue media.

The new drivers from the snapapi ZIP archive did not solve the problem! So there remains incompatiblity with this Promise controller. Hoping for a fix...

DrNo123

14. RKOWilder

RKOWilder Registered Member

I'll add my voice to this chorus ... TrueImage 8.0 Build 903, with Promise SATA/150 PCI Controller -- Win2K ... the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) when I press Next after selecting a Hard Drive to image.

Acronis worked fine before I install the new board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.