True Image 10.0 Home Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wmoening, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wmoening

wmoening Registered Member

I am having a major, and very confusing, problem. Hopfully someone can help...

On April 13th I created a selected file back up to a external hard drive (Western Digital 60 GB USB 2.0) as a two part file totaling 5 GB, and re-installed Windows Vista Ultimate. At that time I decided not to restore the files and wait a few days to test the installation. I opened the back-up without any problem to remove files as I needed them and could transfer folders to my desktop. Four days later I decided to go ahead and restore all the files in the back-up to my documents........

Now for the strange part.......

If I select the file through the recovery wizard it says the file is either not a valid true image backup file or the file is corrupted, however it will recognized the second part of the file and ask for part 1.

If I attempt to explore the file it asks for a password, but I never created one for that file. I can explore part two and it shows all of my files, but if I open a file it closes widows explore and resets the desktop. If I move the file or folder it says there is not enough space.....I have 55 GB free on this drive.

The same thing happens on both a machine running Vista Ultimate and one running XP Pro. I have tried to move the backup file from the external to my internal drive and the same thing happens.

Any suggestions? I cannot lose this information.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello wmoening,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify if you used the same build of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home to create the backup archive (before Windows Vista re0installation) and to restore it (after you re-installed Windows Vista)? We recommend that you use latest build (4942) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Could you please also validate the backup archive using Validate Archive tool (Tool -> Validate Backup Archive) of Acronis True Image and let us know the exact check-out result?

In addition, please create Acronis True Image Bootable CD using the latest build, boot your computer from it and try to perform the restoration.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. doodles

doodles Registered Member

I have experienced the same problem, this has now happened twice, I have imaged the entire disk and the validated the archive which was successful I then managed to mount the image and browse the contents, what I noticed is that when I mounted the image in READ/WRITE mode TI has created a slice which is around 150MB, once the image has been unmounted and I try to mount it again Im getting the password required box, both my customers full backups are now useless and a ridiculous amount of data has been lost, can you please suggest an option here because Ive just about lost all faith in Acronis. (im using Acronis True Image 10.0 Home latest build).

Regards
    Un happy user.

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Hi Doodles,

Your problem is different, so could you please start your own thread.

Include the version of TI and build that you are using and the operating system.

You might also say what happens when you reboot the system and try to mount the image again.

5. doodles

doodles Registered Member

Nah dont worry about it, Ive already thrown the product out and will not be using it again, it has cost myself and my client a considerable amount of time and money, ghost has a place in my company again..

Signed,

Very Disappointed.

6. purge98

purge98 Registered Member

I have been reading this forum for quite a time now and it is very sad that a customer has got so frustrated with the software and lack of support that they have had enough.

It doesn't look good for Acronis if they can't sort out the Vista restore problem soon. They have known about it for months now.

I have yet to buy a backup program but I still will not buy ATI until they take this problem seriously and provide a program fit for purpose which at the moment it isn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.