Troubling Results for v2

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by spidey, Aug 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spidey

spidey Guest

I've been monitoring SRI International Malware Threat Center (link) for a few weeks and notice that NOD32v2 is always in last. Despite my misgivings about the new proxy method of web scanning, I just upgraded to v4 last night based on these tests. Are they reputable? Will v4 provide better detection results for their honeynet? I thought v2 and v4 use the same definition files so I'm not sure.

Also most websites that I have seen that review AVs seem to always have Avira detection rates ranked higher than NOD32 or Kaspersky which are the only 3 AVs that I would even consider paying for. I want to stay with NOD32 when my subscription expires in May next year, but I must admit to being tempted to switch to Avira. Any thoughts from anyone that may have switched from Avira to NOD32 would be appreciated.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please do not create duplicates of your posts. You've already asked about this here and I reckon this was also discussed in the past. Having said that, we'll draw this thread to a close.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.