Troubleshooting DNS 1014 events

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by normanm, Feb 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. normanm

normanm Registered Member

I'm trying to troubleshoot a DNS 1014 error in my WIN7 admin log ("Name resolution for the name www.kollonity.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded." Since the warning sometimes occurs when I'm not using the computer, some service or app is clearly trying to go online for something on its own. There are a number of candidates -- WIN's time check or WIn updates or...well...who knows. It could also be NOD32AV which updates its anti-virus sigs at intervals during the day. I can't imagine why NOD32AV would go through killonity.com, which, a little research shows, is registered to tucows.com. But I thought I'd check here. There's an MS tech site with three possible solutions, none of which work for me. So I'm trying to track down what's making the call. Any notions would be greatly appreciated.

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

Whenever the Update module searches for the latest virus signature database, it's going to attempt to make a direct connection with update.eset.com.

3. normanm

normanm Registered Member

Thanks. That eliminates one possibility.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.