Troubles with MS-RDP through IPSEC-VPN client

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by duijv023, Dec 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duijv023

duijv023 Registered Member

Hey Guys,

I'm absolutely not saying that NOD32 causes the issue, but maybe somebody recognizes this anyway.

So what's going wrong? I'll try to explain:
    - From a remote location I connect to my business network with an IPSEC VPN client to our firewall.
    - When the connection is established, i can connect to any host on our network.
    - So I logon to my Desktop PC by using MSTSC. Works very good.

But lately the RDP connection drops with encryption errors (in dutch: versleutelen is mislukt) >> FTR: it is a pop-up from MSTSC (so on client side). VPN is still alive, so when I reconnect via MSTSC everything is back to normal and I can continue doing the thing I did before the "crash".

Troubleshootings so far:
    We've looked for a firewall related issue: no, using a complete other firewall still the same.
    We've looked for DSL related issued: probaby not, it occurs on RFC1483 as on PPPoA connections
    We've looked for modem/router issues: we see it on routers from different brands (also different chipsets)
    We've tried to lower the MTU to values as 1400 (so we automatically lowered the MSS), but nothing has helped so far

So i'm at the stage that i might need to take a look on NOD32, although I thought IMON does only interfere on HTTP and POP traffic?
    And than...IMON only takes action when it sees suspective patterns? Or can i say that interference by NOD32 is impossible?

Well.. I hope somebody recognizes something :eek:

For the records: Both desktop PC as remote notebook use NOD v2.71 with just about blackspears settings

coughing an sneezing greetings from Holland :gack:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.