Trouble with True Image Home 9 build 2259

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by todd555, May 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. todd555

todd555 Guest

Hi,

I just installed this program in WinMe and WinXp environments. I can't seem to burn DVDs directly in either case and I keep getting an error. I have Nero 7 essentials installed along with Sonic MyDvd/ Create DVD. So far, the only way I can get a burn is to store the backup onto the hard drive first and then use one of the aforementioned programs to burn the file to a DVD.

I am having a more serious problem with the program on WinXP: whenever I click on "My Computer", in order to find a Backup Archive Location, I keep getting a Win message that True Image needs to close and has to be restarted. So far, I have not been able to create a back up image on an external hard drive because of the error. Also, if I attempt to click on a backup archive that has already been created and stored on the external hard drive (made by the WinMe pc), I still get the error message that True Image needs to close.

I would greatly appreciate any help in this regard. I had already attempted to update the build with the possibility of maybe addressing the above problems, but I receive no email confirmation from Acronis even after registration at the website and therefore I haven't been able to update.

Best,
    Eric

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

You are wasting your time with such an old build. TI9 did not burn directly to DVD until somewhere around build 3567 give or take a build. Certainly not in 2259. However, it did burn to DVD if 3rd party packet writing was installed but most users didn't care for this solution since it was tricky to setup on some systems.

IMO, the way you are doing it - creating the archive and then using Nero or whatever to burn it - is a superior method anyway since you can control the burn parameters.

Best get your registration issue sorted out and then take it from there.

3. todd555

todd555 Guest

Thanks for your response. I agree that the TI I have needs updating, so I am awaiting the response from Acronis which I still haven't received. I nearly bought version 10, but apparently it doesn't support WinMe and I needed a version supporting both WinMe and XP. However, if I don't get these issues with ver 9 worked out, there definitely won't be any further purchases.

Best,
    Eric

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello todd555,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that seekforever is right, the old builds of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home (3567 and lower) doesn’t write to DVD directly, instead it utilizes third party UDF packet DVD writing software. Starting with the build 3625 Acronis True Image includes direct DVD writing ability (no third party software needed).

You can find more information on how to write your images to DVD in this FAQ article.

Thus, to obtain direct DVD writing capacity of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home please download and install latest build (3854) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. Note that updates within the same version of the program are free. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Should you encounter problems with writing to DVD using the latest build of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home, please collect the following information:

- Create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Collect the information requested in this previous post of mine;

As for the second issue, if the update does not help, please collect the user.dmp and drwtsn32.log the way described in this previous post of mine along with Windows System Information.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.