Trouble With SP1 For VISTA

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by dontana, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dontana

dontana Registered Member

This past friday I installed 3 updates; sp1(KB948465),.net update(KB963707),windows update(KB971930). When the computer rebooted some of my software and internet locations failed.ie: storm predator gives an unknown error; facebook page has become very sluggish if at all loads. My Sprint broadband card went nuts also. tech support at sprint has resoved 4 different errors since friday. eene menne miny moe, which one gotta go, or did some kinda virus sneak in? I run spybot s&d, norton internet security,and have CA`s anti-spy in my toolbar. over 3 years with nnnnnnnoooo problems. I`m laptop is an Acer Aspire 5920(core2 duo centrino)T5450 @1.66Ghz 1.67 Ghz, 3Gb ram, 32 bit.........any clueso_O

2. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello,

A system restore point is usually created before the installation of Windows Updates. If you think that the problem was created by the latest Windows Updates, you could restore back to the point before those updates were installed and see if the problems persist.

I downloaded them just a few days ago myself and didn't have any problems.

Regards,

Mark.

3. Michael York

Michael York Registered Member

Hi dontana,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team.

While the problem you are having may be due to the installation of the Microsoft patches, I did want to let you know the following information regarding the use of multiple real-time security scanners which can also cause issues like the one you are experiencing.

What version of Norton Internet Security do you have loaded on your system? If you are using a pre - 2009 version and have a valid subscription, you are entitled to a free update to the 2009 version which is highly encouraged. Please check the version of Norton Internet Security and let me know.

Also, the CA Anti-Spyware application is a real-time scanner and is most likely conflicting with Norton Internet Security, which can also leave your system vulnerable to infection. I would strongly suggest that you remove the CA Anti-Spyware application first and then restart your computer. Upon reboot, open Norton Internet Security and manually run LiveUpdate to make sure you have the latest patches and definition files applied. Next, restart your computer in Windows Safe Mode, launch Norton Internet Security and perform a "Full System Scan" to check for infections.

Thanks,
    Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.