Trouble w/ XP "Windows Search"

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Birdman, Sep 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

I performed a Windows Update the other day and it installed a new search feature called Windows Search (replaced the old search in XP). While the gui looks nice, I can't get it to work like the previous search feature in XP.

I don't use Outlook Express, so I do not need to search any emails. I just use it for searching files and folders in my XP.

Unless I'm doing something wrong here (or possibly a settings issue).....I can't get Windows Search to locate files and folders in my system.

The location is set to "All Locations" and the search filter is set to "Everything".....yet whatever file or folder name I type (ones I know that exist in my system), it finds nothing.

The terminal Service and Windows Search service are both running and set to 'Auto'.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

2. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Birdman,

Sorry to hear about your problems with "Windows Search" aren't computers fun. Perhaps you could try an alternative, my favorite:

Copernic see Here

Locate32 see Here

Also good but not as nice as Copernic or Locate32 is 'Google Desktop'

Take Care
    Rico

3. PROROOTECT

PROROOTECT Registered Member

Look to : www.agentransack.com : you come and see the AgentRansack ! Yeah! ...

Your agent PROROOTECT:argh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.