Trouble restoring complete image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gquist, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gquist

gquist Registered Member

Hi all, I have a complete backup of my hdd from my Acer Laptop and want to reinstall it but am having trouble doing so, I did a system restore on the computer so it has a clean copy of xp pro on it, I downloaded and installed Acronis 10 demo on it, 15 day trial version, anyway when tring to restore from windows i start the process and is asks for the last disc #2 in my case, then i go through the questions selecting the partion that xp is now installed on, it reboots, then loads Acronis and soon as it starts the inspect hdd? (i think) it reboots and restarts windows, When I try boot with the Acronis boot disc I cannot choose the :d drive to select the image to restore, Any ideas?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello gquist,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please provide us with some additional information so we could provide you with a possible solution?

- Where did you store the image archive (local or external drive, CD\DVD disc or another storage media)?

- Is this drive is a local drive, external drive or CD\DVD-ROM?

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. gquist

gquist Registered Member

Sorry I should have posted the info, I have the backup info on dvd discs, (2) and i verified the backup using the acronis utility, The dvd drive is a internal drive d: on the laptop, I also used the Acronis utility to create the startup disc, a cd rom disc that i boot from the same d: drive, it does boot with the acronis boot disc and loads all up normal, when i go to chose the backup data it does not allow me to select the data from the dvd discs, the box is grayed out or not selectable, I can chose it from within windows and when it restarts it loads up th acronis screen then it goes black reboots back into windows like a normal restart

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello gquist,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also collect the exact vendor and device names of the hard drive in question.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

gquist,
    Strongly urge that you get yourself an external drive to store your backup info. While the DVD is nice for some uses, you would be better served by using an external drive. Acronis backups could be directed to the external and validation of the .tib backup files is soo much easier--and safer.

6. gquist

gquist Registered Member

Thanks Grover, I was able to copy some of the files that i had backed up on dvd's to my desktop unit, and then transfer them over to my laptop, got most of the stuff i wanted that way, So today I went out and bought a western digital external drive and backed up the laptop to it, and just for S&G I used the acronis restore disc with it and performed a complete restore with no issues, So, on laptops, DVD's might not be the way to go.. Thanks for your help : )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.