Trouble oh trouble back to V3

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by The PIT, Mar 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The PIT

The PIT Registered Member

Decided too upgrade to V4 since it installed without any trouble on my other two other machines.

Problem one V3 wouldn't come off cleanly complaining about the internet.

I disabled the services rebooted and tried again same problem.

Back into safe mode and manually un-installed then cleaned up the registry before V4 would install.

It went on okay but the firewall wouldn't work into interactive mode. Didn't query a thing. Interestingly Eset also uploaded two suspicious files.

Now all the machine does is upload data to my website it's not used for anything else so how it got infected god knows and there's no kids in the house.

I then ran malware antibytes which found some malware which I zapped. Eset found nothing so I un-installed it rebooted and downloaded combofix which found two more files.

Re-installed Smart Sec V4 again and this time the firewall wouldn't load as there wasn't any rules.

I then followed the KB article to fix this and re-installed again. Same problem. I then checked under application data and lo and behold the firewall default rules were missing.

Mmm so i copied them off another pc I've got and re-installed again. Same problem.

Now I'm back to version 3.00 which is working fine.

Any other ideas on how to get the firewall working on Version 4o_O

The PC is clean run eset spyware doctor spybot after combo fix and nothing lurking there anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.