Trouble Getting Image on SBS Server

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by aconsulting, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aconsulting

aconsulting Guest

Dear experts:

I have a problem I need help with.
    I tried to migrate from one server to another last night and my plans miserably failed.
    I loaded true image server 7 on a small business server with the c drive (scsi u160 adaptec card) raid 1 (windows raid) and the data drive a stand alone scsi(scsi u160 adaptec card). I ran a boot disk setup from TIS and the server would not boot off of it. It was stuck in loading acronis true image server window. Next I tried to run an image while the system was on. The wizard advised with compression the job would take 30 minutes. I was saving the image to an external USB 2.0 & Firewire Iomega 120gb hd. When the create image job started the time then said 4 hours, then 3 hours, and it never came down at all. 24% into the job (1.5 hours later) the job failed with write delay errors given. My server has usb 2.0 and firewire, and I tried with each interface with the same slow failed results.
    I also loaded 6 diskettes to see if that would work with booting and it failed on the first diskette.
    I tried loading the TIS cd and booting on the server I was going to send the image to, which is an adaptec raid 5 setup with no os, and the TIS was able to boot on that server.
    I dont know why I am having so many problems with the server.
    I would appreciate if an expert advised what procedure to take with this server. Should I break the Microsoft Raid 1 mirror before attempting? Do I need anything special setup on the bios of the intel d865perl motherboard?

Thanks for the information in advance...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.