Trouble backing up system via recovery CD

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by IAmNotRalph, Jun 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IAmNotRalph

IAmNotRalph Guest

I am using B&R 10.2 Free Edition, from which I created a recovery CD. I booted up a system from the recovery CD to back up the whole hard drive. The process got about 90% complete, and then showed a dialog whose title reads "opening the next volume of archive". It is unfortunately an open file dialog, not a save file dialog, so I can only pick existing files, and cannot type in a new filename. It does put in a new filename as a suggestion (containing 00001) but when I chose "open" the same dialog reappears. If I chose an existing file, of course I immediately get an error. Also, if I choose cancel, I get an error dialog that says "Error: 0x80".

I have another system on which I use a recovery flash drive to make whole-drive backups, and I have not run into this problem there.

Any suggestions? Thanks,
    --Paul

2. wptski

wptski Registered Member

That's a Linux created disc and they just don't work on all systems. The only solution is a WinPE created disc created yourself or go to a paid Paragon product for which they provide a Boot Media Builder application.

3. It'sme

It'sme Registered Member

Might be worthwhile downloading the latest 2012 Free version and creating a boot disc from that build and trying it. The .iso is usually imbedded in one of the folders contained in the download package. Good luck with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.