trojans not found with NOD32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by bsilva, May 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

These trojans were not found, here is the names. I could not send the file the file to nod32. here is the image

Attached Files:

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I'll bite. How did you find them? Revop is in the Nod definition list. :)

3. Sandish

Sandish Registered Member

Because NOD was never very good when it comes to catch Trojans - even known ones. ;)

It´s possible that the file is damaged, a variant of Revop or it was packed and the Runtime-Packer option was disabled while scanning. There are many reasons why NOD could have missed them. What happens if the file is scanned with /AH ?

4. Arin

Arin Registered Member

but Ronjor asked a good question, how did you find out those adware trojans? anyway that product pinpointed the strains but couldn't clean because they were resident in memory. they were downloaded from this FTP

ftp://downloads.de

probably by a bad JS file called DEBESKI. so first you should remove them from the memory then you'll be able to clean them. you can also edit the registry and remove them from autostart. so in the next boot-up they'll not be uncleanable.

5. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Please zip or RAR the files and send attach them to an email addressed to me - you'll find my email address in my profile.

regards.

paul

6. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Please don't get me wrong. I'm not making excuses for NOD, but it is an Anti Virus not an Anti Trojan. Get BOClean or TDS3 for trojan protection.

7. Paul Wilders

I'd like to see the files first before judging :)

regards.

paul

8. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

I used trendmicro to find them. I don't have those files, because it was on a user's pc. I had to delete them. Sorry. I had to cutdown the image because of size restriction. We took the old harddrive maybe I can still get them. Also this was not a zipped file.

9. Paul Wilders

bsilva,

In case you are able to retrieve them: looking forward to them. FYI: I didn't presume those files had been zipped; I merely asked you to zip/RAR them when sending them as an attachment to my email address ;).

regards,

paul

10. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The problem is that some AV companies do not test samples for their functionality. As a result, a corrupted file may be reported as infected by another AV program whereas NOD32 doesn't find anything. That's why we need to analyse the file so that we can tell why it wasn't picked up by NOD32.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.