TrojanHunter

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Vikorr, Dec 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vikorr

Vikorr Registered Member

Thought this post by Gavin Coe, TrojanHunters new Trojan Analyst, may interest some people.

http://forum.misec.net/board/TrojanHunter/1135410778

2. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Vikorr .
    Hello again . I DO find it of interest . My question NOW is when did DiamondCS and TH come together or , a better question : Is Gavin NOW with TH ? I am confused as the last time I spoke with Gavin , I never thought he had anything to do with another company . Have they merged or has Gavin gone over ?
    I am very interested in this development

3. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

Hi Vikorr and Hollywoodpc,

Does that Gavin Coe is the same Gavin from DiamondCS? Did he now work for Trojan Huntero_O If so, where does that leave DiamondCS? What's going ono_O?

Just like Hollywoodpc, I am also very interesting in this development...

4. Atomas31

Hi,

I just find this post : http://forum.misec.net/board/Announcements/1135078611

That leave me believing that Gavin has also leave the diamondCs ship too!!!! Did I miss a chapter in the DiamondCS story? Did they get bought by Trojan hunter or something? Does that mean that DiamondCS is basically only Wayne nowo_O?

5. hollywoodpc

It IS the same Gavin . This is why I am confused . I want to say that Gavin saw what was in the future at DiamondCs and left when the getting was good . I do not know though . I can only speculate . But , if he HAS left , DiamondCs is all but through . Nothing against Wayne but , too many things have gone on there and we all know how quiet they are when something bad is on the horizon . Maybe Gavin is just helping out with TH . Maybe they got together . It just seems that Gavin is gone from DCS and , if so , DCS is probably as close to being through as can be . I only say this because I saw it coming for a long time . Everyone there telling customers to wait and let them work . Answering emails only took them away from their work . Yeah , right .
    Just me but , I say if Gavin has left DCS , DCS is done for now . Probably going to call it quits at some point soon . Not because they need Gavin . Only because Gavin would not have packed up and left if things were right . Period . No matter what anyone says to that . I know Gavin and am now trying to contact him . Oh boy . This could be huge . MARK MY WORDS

6. Atomas31

Hollywoodpc,if ever Gavin give you some explanations, please, please, please don't forget to post them ;-) Thank's

But just like you, I am beginning to think that there is something fishy going on with DiamondCS... At least, now, we know why there are no answers from DiamondCs staff to the PG problem in the PG forum! With all the problems this new release seems to have, I think I will continue to wait before upgrading my version 3.150 to 3.2 (just in case they shot down everything before resolving the actual issues with this new release) :)

7. hollywoodpc

Hi Atomas

Gavin may still be with DCS as well . I am awaiting some feedback from him but , TH welcomed him ina week or so ago and Gavin was still posting for DCS in the last two days . Very confusing here .

8. Notok

Notok Registered Member

I'd rather hear some official word before indulging this kind of speculation...

9. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi all,

No big deal.. I work part time for Wayne and now contract my services to someone else too :) we are all adults and there is no conflict for any of us.

There should not be for either company's customers either, I'm furthering my expertise by keeping in touch with every new piece of malware I can get my hands on :) just like the good old days..

10. Atomas31

Hi Gavin,

Thank's for those explanation and congratulation with your new contract. I am sure that you can bring Trojan Hunter to the next level and wish you the best ;-)

But in the other way, I don't find that very reconforting in regards of the future of DiamondCS. In fact, and maybe I didn't understand right but I had the impression that the discontinuation of TDS-3 was to allow more human ressources to the creation of new protection software so how can, since the discontinuation of TDS-3, Jason quit and you become part time at DiamondCSo_O Aren't enought products to upgrades, a site to upgrade and an "around the corner" brand new product to work on at DiamondCS?

Best regards,
    Atomas31

11. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

No offense intended, but this question can only be addressed by DCS staff. Gavin is an employee over there, so let's not bother him with questions he can't answer in the first place, OK?

regards,

paul

12. Atomas31

Hi Paul,

Sorry, I didn't mean to bother Gavin...

best regards,
    Atomas31

13. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

That's settled then ;)

regards,

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.