TrojanHunter vs Ewido

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Baldrick, Feb 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nameless

nameless Registered Member

People always say this sort of thing, after looking at how much memory and/or CPU time the EXE uses in a task-viewing utility (such as Task Manager or Process Explorer). But real-time monitors like THGuard.exe use kernel drivers, and those drivers use CPU time (often a lot of CPU time), which isn't so easily viewed.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2006
  2. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

My observation was based on the fact that I don't see a noticeable slowdown in my system while it's running, whereas I do with ewido.

However, CPU and Mem usage of THGuard exe is also lower than corresponding ewidoguard exe.

3. nameless

nameless Registered Member

Good answer. I agree. THGuard and its driver use an annoying amount of CPU to me, but only when I bother to look in Process Explorer :). THGuard is also by far the least-problematic real-time AT solution I've used.

So to respond to the original post of this thread: I've used Ewido and TrojanHunter, but only the latter is bearable for me. Ewido's real-time component bogs my system down way too much. The whole application lacks too many features (exclusion list, etc.) for me to put up with it.

Given that Ewido [any version] and BOClean 4.21.002 present really aggravating problems on my system, TrojanHunter is the AT solution I've settled on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.