Trojanhunter Surprise!

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Cochise, Oct 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

D/Ld 'TrojanHunter' just for a look at what it could do and guess what?....the only thing, I'm pleased to say, it came up with was this:-

File Scan: C:\programme Files\Trust\305KS Wireless Optical Deskset\KBDDL32A.dll (KLog.SvcLog).....who would have thought eh?

Cochise, :cool:

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Cochise,

It might very well be a false positive.
    Could you please send it to Magnus :
    submit@misec.net

Thanks ! ;)

Cheers, Jan.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2004
  3. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Hi Fanj.......Should have known better than to post where I did...DOH!...just saw it as being a little odd!!

And you were right....it was a false positive.....I've now re-installed it from Trust disc.......on boot-up my OS got a dialogue box saying it could'nt find the File.......it can now.. :D :D :D

Thanks, Cochise, :cool:

4. FanJ

FanJ Guest

no problem ;)

Oops, sorry, I don't understand it LOL

Your OS said it couldn't find the file :
    I guess you have let TH remove it ?

You reinstalled it from the Trust disc.
    Am I right that, when you run a scan with TH again, it flags that file again?
    If so, then I would suggest to send it to Magnus so he can have a look at it.
    In the meanwhile you could scan that file at the KAV online scanner.

Sorry if I understood you wrong !

Cheers, Jan.

5. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Sorry Jan if I'm not explaining myelf too clearly....Yes, I did let TH remove it, but then I had this error message that the application (keyboard) had failed to start because it couldn't find the offending File.....so I re-installed it from my Trust Deskset disc assuming it was a false positive, but after running TH again I get the same message in red that the file is a Trojan??.....

Sooooo if you would be so kind as to walk me thro' whatever process is required to solve this little problem I would be most grateful.

Just as a matter of interest, the fact that I let TH remove the Trojan (if that's what it is) made no difference to my keyboard as far as usage was concerned, it still functioned OK!

Best Regards, Cochise, :cool:

6. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Cochise,

If that file is still on your system, I first would let it scan at the KAV online scanner :
    http://www.kaspersky.com/remoteviruschk.html
    When you are at that KAV-site, you can browse to that file and then hit Submit. In a few seconds you will see a report from KAV about it.

I suppose that that file is clean (and a false positive from TH), but of course I am not 100% sure.

If KAV says that it is indeed clean, you might assume that it is indeed clean.

If KAV says that it is not clean, then there is a problem; but for the moment I assume it is clean.
    Please let us know what KAV tells you !!!

I definitely would send the file to Magnus (if possible zipped) :
    submit@misec.net

For the moment I would ignore the warning from TH, but -again- please scan it at the KAV online scanner and send it to Magnus.

7. ^Ale

^Ale Registered Member

Hi Cochise, TH don't remove files but rename with another extension (I don't remember but now you have a file "C:\programme Files\Trust\305KS Wireless Optical Deskset\KBDDL32A.dll.xxx, where xxx is the new extension). You can try this way: deselect "Automatically remove trojans" from Trojan Hunter settings, rename your file with the right extension, then perform a scan and, if you can, put your file in the ignore list. However send a mail to Magnus.

Cheers, Ale

OOps I was editing my message and did'nt see FanJ reply....

8. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Cochise,

I have found a thread at the TrojanHunter forum :
    http://forum.misec.net/board/Deutsch;action=display;num=1081106210

That thread is in German.

Another TH user got the same warning :
    "Found trojan file: C:\Programme\MultiMedia Keyboard\MultiMedia Keyboard\1.1\KBDDL32A.dll (KLog.SvcLog)"

Magnus answered in that thread to put that file in the ignore-list of TH.

9. FanJ

FanJ Guest

No problem, Ale !

Thanks for your posting !!!

PS:
    In the meanwhile I have send an email to Magnus with link to this thread ;)

Cheers, Jan.

10. ^Ale

^Ale Registered Member

Thanks to you, FanJ

11. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Jan and all kind contributions from the 'Trojan Whacking Brigade' :D...I've checked it out with everything else in my armoury and I have come to the conclusion that the little piece of poop is probably benign.....KAV said 'All Clean' as well.

I've still sent it to Magnus (Just in case).....Thank you all and I will await the outcome......isn't it exciting.....I've never had a Trojan before.....it makes me feel....well...sought of wanted.. :D :D :D

12. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

You'll all be pleased to know that I just received a reply from Magnus at MIS to say Trust Deskset is [GLOW=""]not[/GLOW] a Trojan....Hurrah!.....OK....everybody back to doing something worthwhile..... :D :D :-* :-* THANKS....

13. ^Ale

^Ale Registered Member

Hurrah!!!
    :D :D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.