Trojandownloader.small.nas.trojan???

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by dealmaker, Feb 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dealmaker

dealmaker Registered Member

Hi,
    I am using the latest version of Nod32 v2 with latest updates and latest updates of xp. I schedule virus scan every week, and every time it say that it detects this C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\WinadX.dll - Win32/TrojanDownloader.Small.NAS trojan. It's being highlighted as red. I am not sure if it's being deleted by Nod32 and then come back again. But Nod32 complains the same thing every single week. I used spybot and lavasoft, but they can't detect it.

When I go to the directory to check out the Winadx.dll, it's not there even though I set xp to view all hidden & system files.

Please help. This thing is driving me crazy.

Many thank.

2. alglove

alglove Registered Member

How have you configured the weekly scan in the scheduler, as "NOD32 - scanning" or as "NOD32 Kernel - Execution of an external application" with an NOD32 command line. If you did the former, it will detect the virus but not remove it, even though you have specified as such in the profile. A scheduled scan will delete files only if you use the command line options. Read Blackspear's thread for more info: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=37509 . I do hope this gets changed in a future version of the software.

Now, what happens if you run the scan manually on that folder? If you click the "Scan" button, the item will come up in red. Right-click it to clean it. It will then turn brown. If you click the "Clean" button instead, this will all be done for you automatically.

Hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.