Trojan?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Tjex, May 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tjex

Tjex Guest

I just downloaded and installed the demo of Alcohol 120%. Then ran NOD32 and it told me that the exe is infected and is a trojan.

Scanned disks, directories and files: D:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\
    D:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\start.exe - Win32/TrojanDownloader.Small.GL trojan
    number of files scanned: 42
    number of viruses found: 1
    number of viruses active: 1

What am I looking at here? I can't seem to find any info on it. And it's strange that it would come with a trojan from the company itself

2. kjempen

kjempen Registered Member

3. Tjex

Tjex Guest

Thx for the help. It all seems to work now. Not sure how it got infected but I deleted and re-installed and no warnings this time.

4. rizzla

rizzla Guest

I very much doubt that there was any trojan on your system, that was probably a false positive by NOD32, I got a similar alert today ,this one reported AD-Aware as containing a trojan, I double checked using Trend Housecall online scanner which reported nothing .......

Time Module Object Name Virus Action User Info
    20/05/2004 09:39:00 AMON file C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\Cache\start.exe Win32/TrojanDownloader.Small.GL trojan

5. jgswe

jgswe Guest

okey... Scan you computer and select scan archives and you will propobly detect the same trojan...

The cache is the current file ad aware is scanning and nod32 Amon will scan it too...
    So adaware propobly scanned a file that nod32 scanned and it detect a trojan...

6. nashj

nashj Guest

start.exe---->trojan

7. nashj

nashj Guest

WinTasks Process Library

start - start.exe - Process Information

Process File: start or start.exe
    Process Name: Secret-Crush
    Description: Hijacker application that may reset your browser home page and/or search settings to point to sites that you do not want.
    Company: N/A
    System Process: No
    Security Risk ( Virus/Trojan/Worm/Adware/Spyware ): Yes
    Common Errors: N/A

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.