Trojan through steam scammer

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by vgtablst, Sep 5, 2014.

1. vgtablst

vgtablst Registered Member

I was messaged by a guy who was looking to trade and sent me this (link with virus, dont click i guess im just posting cause it might help in identifying what kind of harm it might do)

Clipboard03.png
    Clipboard05.png

I didnt realize the disguised link and upon clicking was surprised to see that I was logged out. This was pretty bizarre so before I logged in I did a search on the guy using steam and he wasnt in the results but since steam has one of the most awful search functions ever for user searches I thought browser log in was separate from steam app log in and entered my pass and user on the scamming site. Then I got trojan notices from eset nod32 antivirus, did a smart scan and now its nearly 100% and shows number of infiltrations : 2.

Now this really worries me as the way "infiltration" sounds its as if someone was actively STILL trying to hack my steam account, which I used my credit card / paypal info on and since that steam account of mine was a regular on the credit card I wont get confirmations from it anymore.

Would just like to ask some help about what I could do to ensure no more harmful is done to my computer and account, thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2014
  2. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

I'd recommend you keep using ESET, do a full scan with it and allow it to clean what it finds. Follow up with a few other scans e.g. with HitmanPro and Malwarebytes, report what happened to the Steam Community Admins and ask their advice.
    Then have a read of this Securing Your PC and Data | Wilders Security Forums and learn as much as you can from these forums.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.