trojan.startup.1

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by PatG, Apr 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Appears this is on my machine and its tough. Has anyone had it? If so, how did you get rid of it? Please?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Can you post information ? What makes you think you have a trojan . Do you use NOD32 (updated) ? Have you performed full scan to clean any possible infections ?

3. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Yes, have done all of the above. A program called, Bazooka found it. Update my OS yesterday from win2k to XP pro. Shortly thereafter, machine slowed down to a halt. NOD kept popping up a message saying there were suspicious files that hadn't been sent to Eset. Emailed 'em and ask what it was about. Feature that kept popping up was "early threat" or something like it. Gotta get rid of this thing....

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi there, could you please check your settings against those found in the following NOD32 Tutorial: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=37509

AFTER this run a scan by following these steps:

1. Click on the NOD32 Control Centre (Green and White split square on the bottom right hand corner of your computers screen).
    2. Click on NOD32.
    3. Click on Run NOD32.
    4. Click on “Scan and Clean”.
    5. Reboot your Computer into “Safe Mode”.
    6. Click on Start> All Programs> ESET> NOD32
    7. Click on “Scan and Clean”.
    8. Check the scan results.

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

5. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Blackspear, thank you so much for reminding me about this tutorial. Have had NOD for over 2 years now and haven't used any configuration other than "as installed". Soon as I get it set up and run a scan, will certainly post back the results. :)

6. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Although it is after 1am, wanted to complete the configuring instructions and I did, right to the letter. On both the regular and Safe Mode scans, they came up empty, with "No Threats Found." However the program that did find it is still reporting its presence. This started Monday right after I upgraded the OS from w2k to xp pro. I did make an image of the w2k before the upgrade and perhaps will restore it today, check and make sure its clear. If it is, just will start the upgrade process all over. My machine hasn't been this sluggish since I built it and was looking forward to perhaps an increase in speed w/xp. Dunno....

7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Try repairing Winsock and IMON as described HERE

Cheers :D

8. kjempen

kjempen Registered Member

9. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Yes. found that the day file was discovered, but tried other means before doing this. Have printed out the instructions and that is my plan today. Am hoping (big time) this fix will send the trojan packing elsewhere. Will update after registry fix...

10. PatG

PatG Registered Member

FINAL UPDATE, 4/25/07. Like I stated in last post my plans were to MANUALLY run the 3 page fix that the author of Bazooka had posted. The very FIRST and ONLY deletion that had to be made was in the first key, step #4, Windows Update. Got rid of it, still in safe mode, then went into windows explorer and deleted the short cut in the Start Menu. Holding my breath as I rebooted in regular mode, when finished, ran Bazooka and received this beautiful message: NO SPYWARE DETECTED!! Although I am 70 years old, let out a hollar that could have been heard a block away. My day is made, my NOD is config'd to Blackspears recommendations, and my machine is flying again!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.