trojan sigs removed

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by silverhaze, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silverhaze

silverhaze Registered Member

Hi

Im in highjackthis training & have been told that the trojan signitures 'detection rate' have been removed from avg as free is this true.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Since nobody answered your post , I guess you should contact AVG yourself (email) and hope they answer you.

Since Ewido is no longer supported product , Ewido stuff have been implemented in AVG security programs , I wouldn't find it abnormal if trojan signitures have been removed from AVG AS free . Note that in v8 of AVG components (AV+AS) are in one.

3. thanatos_theos

thanatos_theos Registered Member

Here's an answer from kodl.

thanatos

4. silverhaze

silverhaze Registered Member

Hi HiTech_boy & thanatos_theos

thanks for replying, shame its being intergrated into a suite as im very happy with my firewall & kaspersky antivirus, cheers for the link its dated Apr 2007.
    It makes me wonder why well known people from the anti malware circut have said the same thing about trojan sigs being removed & have stopped instructing highjackthis users to install avgas as part of the clean up process
    there now using malwarebytesantimalware. ive always liked avgas for on demand scans & will keep it on my system untill the updates stop.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
  5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Perhaps because AVG Antispyware is a product with no future . AVG8 is on the horizont making AVG AS 7.5 stand-alone slowly but for sure going down . Not that Malwarebytes products are better (IMO)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.