Trojan Remover ?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by hollywoodpc, Mar 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

From Super Software . Very little has ben seen on this program . Anyone know anything good or bad about it ? Says it contains almost 14000 sigs and variants . Thanks

2. Togg

Togg Registered Member

I understand that this program is exactly what its name implies, a remover. It isn't a real time scanner that can block installations, it just does its thing once you get infected. It can be set to scan the 'usual' launching places for trojans or complete drives at any time you want.

I have a real time anti-trojan but I have no idea how well it works if it catches a trojan before or during installation. I know that if its Registry monitor finds something suspicious, it just points up the change that has been made and invites you to edit the Registry, which is not too much help to an inexperienced user like me.

I have TR but have not had any need to use it yet. Unless I choose to deliberately infect myself, I may never know if its claims that it automates all the necessary processes to remove trojans is true, but, for the cost in £ to someone like me in the UK, it seemed to be a reasonable investment.

3. hollywoodpc

Thanks Togg .

4. hollywoodpc

Oh for God sake ! My apologies to the MODS . Talk about stupid . Sorry I did not post HERE to start with . Geez

5. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I have used Trojan Remover for ~2 years. It scans on-demand only. It is rather slow when asked to scan entire system. It also has a on-demand quickie scan that covers the most-vulnerable-places very fast.

It updates 4 to 5 times weekly. Updates, being incremental, are nicely fast. Also, there are 5 update servers, so there's plenty of back-up. It has issued new program versions 2 to 3 times yearly, indicating the program is actively maintained. It is very good at removing nasties. Nigel (the TR guru) responds quickly to questions, problems, compliments, & what have you.

If you surf mostly low-risk sites, then TR should be okay. Otherwise, go for one of the real-time tough guys such as BOClean.

6. hollywoodpc

Thank you Bell

7. hollywoodpc

Thank you Bell . I already use A squared and TDS - 3 . Just curious about this program because I never heard of it .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.