Trojan Remover doesn't work!

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by ronny, Feb 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronny

ronny Registered Member

I' ve installed the trial version of Trojan Remover6.1.6.

But although i can do the updates and the "normal System Files scan" the program doesn"t respond afterwards when i want to scan a drive or file. In the taskmanager i can see that the program isn't responding.. The only thing i see is the begin screen with the database and date and a little blue bar "loading".Although i 've to admit how strange it may be, : it worked 1 time. Yep ,once i was able to scan a drive or folder,but before! and after that , never again :(

I' ve tried everything :-(. (for instance closing ALL other applications , rebooting, uninstall and reinstalling,...)
    I' ve scanned my system also online with several virusscanners : no virusses were found. I scanned my system with TDS-3 , BoClean and Trojan hunter, nothing was found.
    My PC is only 3 months old ,3.0 GHz ,512MB memory, Pentium IV, ATI 9800
    I do appreciate some help with this :D and yes i wrote to simplysup.com (the makers of the program) but until now didn't get a reply.

2. peakaboo

peakaboo Registered Member

I tried Trojan Remover version 5.0.2 last year (4/18/03) and I had a similar problem.

Looks like you already tried what resolved my problem which was to close aps in systray like firewalls & AV - once I did this it ran.

Firewalls & AVs go deep into the system, and although appear closed may still be up - try process explorer it will let you see what is still running and kill:

http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/procexp.shtml

If still no joy maybe try Trojan Hunter - really nice program (i just tried it), also has a guard & port to process mapping, fast scan... etc.

http://www.misec.net/trojanhunter/

3. ronny

ronny Registered Member

:) Thank you Peakaboo.

I' ve already bought BoClean in the past , but was looking for another one.( So far no complaints about BoClean).My choices were :
    TDS-3 or
    Trojan Hunter or
    as you saw, Trojan Remover

That's why i am testing them.

4. ronny

ronny Registered Member

I 've good news. The makers of the program admit the problem and are hard working on it. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.