Trojan Problem

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Krishnan, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krishnan

Krishnan Registered Member

Whenever i browse a website i find u.asdafdgfgf/ads.js and my Nod32 detects this and provides the Virus name "Js/trojandownloader.Small.Js Trojan"

Please help me, I see this problem every time and Nod32 displays as connection terminated-Quarantined. Any permanent solution for this problem

2. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

Hi, give us URL in CODE please.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Send it to me in a PM rather than disclosing a link to a potential malicious script here.

4. Marcos

It's a malicious javascript code, we've found there the ANI exploit among others. A warning from the web protection should appear only when you visit a dodgy or compromised website.

5. Krishnan

Ok i will send it in Pm. I didn't visit any dodgy or compromised webpage

6. Marcos

I have already replied above, there's nothing more I could add.

7. Krishnan

As i already i stated. I don't visit any dodgy or compromised webpage

8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

you cant just imply or accuse this member by saying this is the only way this can happen. That comment is totally uncalled for. What if this gentlemen was posting this with his wife because this happened for a legit reason. She reads your response and now assumes her husband is visiting dodgy sites.

9. solcroft

solcroft Registered Member

In fact, Marcos, the more likely scenario is that NOD32 failed to detect a downloader or clicker trojan active in the user's PC, which repeatedly tried to access these URLs behind the scenes. I've seen and heard this happen numerous times.

Another example of ESET's philosophy of only adding "real-world" threats into the signature database and ignoring sample submissions.

10. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

Bit OTT? So what about a compromised site?

How would you know if it was compromised or not? It's been stated that the sample

so surely that's the answer? The website you visited that caused the alert looks to have been compromised as per the statement above.

Bit like when people ask "Every time i open this file i downloaded the anti virus said it was a virus, but i know it's not. What's wrong with my anti virus?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.