Trojan Hunter

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by tosbsas, Feb 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

Has anyone tried this one?? Says its unique and has a trojan Guard feature - any thoughts about that one??

Ruben

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Hi Ruben,

TrojanHunter from Magnus Mischel is a very nice anti-trojan, still somewhat in development. We have tested the software not that long ago: having a detection rate from aprox. 85% we consider it worthwhile, but the database needs to be extended. Having frequent contact with the author, I know he's working on that, and database updates are coming quite frequently.

As ever, a choice for an anti-trojan is also a matter of personal choice: if the user isn't comfortable with it, it should not be used.

Have a look at our TrojanHunter review and screen shots on our anti-trojan page:

www.wilders.org/anti_trojans.htm

regards.

paul

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

I'd like to take the time right now to commend you on all the reviews you have on your site - I have never found a place that does a better job than you do in your reviews.

Based on your reviews, I went ahead and got BOClean, and I have NOT been disappointed!

4. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

javacool,

Thanks for the compliment  ;). Although it's my semi-intellectual face showing up everywhere, credits where credits are due: many tests and reviews are the result of two of our team members, working silently behind the scenes. Be assured they are enjoyed by your compliment!

Glad to hear so! - As Nancy and Kevin McAleavey will be, running PSC/BOclean.

regards.

paul

5. me

me Registered Member

Hi Ruben
    I have been using Trojan Hunter, including running TH_Guard resident, for about three months.  It's easy to use, easy to update, the scanner is very fast, and it's not a resource hog.  However, I haven't tested it's effectiveness at detecting or dealing with Trojans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.