Trojan hunter 4.2 Gaurd

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by maddawgz, Apr 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

Duz anyone who has this use there guard o_O I never do MD

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

If we are talking about TrojanHunter's resident monitor, then yes. I use it on my desktop PC and BoClean on my laptop.

3. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

yes i do and i have automatic daily updates at 8.15pm

4. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I trialed TH a few weeks ago & really liked it. The on-demand scan was smooth & relatively speedy; plus, it turned up a couple of nasties.

As to TH's real-time monitor --- after the monitor ran a couple of hours, my computer would become a bit unstable. Namely, anything involving explorer.exe got very very slow & would eventually hang. This happened 3 days in a row. When I ceased using TH's monitor, the problem ceased.

At that point I decided to buy a² Personal. However, if TH ever has a *sale* (the $49 price tag is beyond my budget at present) I would buy it (in a heartbeat!) for the on-demand scanning power it offers, but I would continue to use a² for the real-time monitor.

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

Interesting did you ever contact Magnus about this?

6. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

No. It would be difficult for him to reproduce the situation, I think.
    #1- I ran TH on my WinME partition. :p
    #2- It took a few hours before the issue would manifest itself.

7. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

THGuard in TrojanHunter V4.2 is quite stable on my Windows XP-SP2 and IMHO is a key feature of TrojanHunter. THGuard scans memory every 30 seconds for trojans. You might see a small CPU utilization spike when this scan is run but it is very short in duration and only 8-10% CPU utilization. Have been using the THGuard feature since about V3.1 which is well over a year ago and am very satisfied with its performance.

Am running THGuard in conjunction with NIS 2005, Giant Antispyware (Licensed Version), AdAware SE Plus, Spy Sweeper V3.5 Build 198, ProcessGuard V3.15, RegDefend V1.2, Window Washer V6.05.409, Phish Net Beta, Weather Pulse 2.05Beta15, Pest Patrol 2005, Port Explorer, TDS-3, SpywareBlaster V3.3, MRUBlaster V1.5, etc., etc.

8. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

thanks i wasn't sure if it was worth running.. cpu wise? Also i noticed that update at 8pm is that for the whole program too?? I normally just updated everyweek check for sigs..o_O.Also do you have Auto clean trojans ticked? Ill try it again..regards MD :)

9. Vikorr

Vikorr Registered Member

One thing you should be aware of with TH is that it is currently a one off fee (so in the long run cheaper). Magnus says that may change in the future, but he doesnt have any current plans to, but if it doesn it will be a minimal fee.

I run THG with no problems on my machine at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.