Trojan Hunter 4.1 and TDS 3

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by the mul, Jan 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the mul

the mul Registered Member

I am going to be downloading a trial version of TH 4.1, but would like to know do they both work well together and have u found any other issues with any of my other security programmes that are installed below in my signature.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Your friend

:D THE MUL :D

2. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hi the mul,

I have ran TH 4.1 with all the programs you have listed except KAV and Outpost without any problems at all on my system...

3. the mul

Thanks kent for your help, just 1 more question, have u had to change any settings in TH 4.1 to accomodate any of the security programmes listed below, sorry for all the questions, but I would like to be prepared for any possible issues that may arise, if it is only a case of switching something off or on in TH 4.1 to fix the problem.

Thanks Again

:) Stephen :)

4. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

I have TH settings maxed out and have had no problems and have not had to adjust any settings...

With Process Guard I have the following settings:
    1. thguard.exe
    Modify + Read + Install Drivers
    2. trojanhunter.exe
    Modify + Read + Access Physical Memory

HTH.....

5. the mul

Thanks kent for all your help and I will give TH 4.1 a go later on today

Your bud

:D Stephen :D

6. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Mul - The only thing I've got TH authorized to do in regard to PG is that I have it allowed to "Read". That goes for both exe.'s

No "Modify", no "Install Drivers" and no "Access Physical Memory". (You'll have to allow it to install drivers during the program installation only - allow once).

I've also done away with the THSEC.DLL (or you can re-name it if you want to keep it hanging around - if you're going to protect TH with PG, it's redundant and it'll fill up your PG log).

Depends on whether you're going to be using TH as your first line of defense when it comes to how you're going to set its' permissions in PG.

The way I have it set right now doesn't interfere with scanning. Pete

7. the mul

Thanks for all your help spy1, it is very much appreciated and I have taken on board what u have said my friend and I will set pg as stated in your thread and see how things go.

Your friend

THE MUL ;)

8. Wills

Wills Registered Member

I am a novice at all of this when it comes to trojans and thus I chose to download the trial for trojan hunter and have been pleased with it as it is user friendly and it seems to be finding things.
    I did some surfing before I installed it throughout various forums and got the impression from 3 of the forums that TDS 3 was for the advanced user who knew all about settings etc. and so I chose TH.
    Will it do the job without me having to install TDS 3, I have had my notebook for 2 years now and had no buggy, virus problems etc.
    I run adaware se, spybot, a2, spyware blaster, spysweeper and have been using Norton anti virus since I started.
    I realize trojans are another matter and I still have to install IE spyad which I intend to do.
    Comments.
    Thanx

9. claire

claire Guest

Hi,

Don't worry TrojanHunter will do the job.You don't need to download TDS3 :)

10. Bowserman

Bowserman Infrequent Poster

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.