Trojan Hunter 4.1 and PG 3.100??

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Atomas31, Jan 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

Hi,

I can't make a Scan with Trojan Hunter when Process Guard 3.100 is on? My question is why? Everytime Trojan Hunter scan the memory there's seems to have a problem with the file procguard.exe (of Process Guard), and Trojan Hunter stop the scanning with a message error (K have join a screenshot of the error message)?

I don't really like to close PG just to do a scan with TH! so What is the problem and How can I solve ito_O

Thank you for your help,
    Atomas31

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2005
  2. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Just to clarify - you're using TH v.4.1? Pete

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Atomas31, You will need to put TH's .exe(s) on the ProcessGuard protection list and probably need to give them the Allow "Access to Physical Memory"

I do not use TH so others may jump in with their particular setting for TH.

HTH Pilli

4. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

If he's actually using v.4.1 (which is a beta, BTW), un-checking Generic Process Scan should allow the scan to work.

There's already a thread about it (or at least, a similar error message) in TH's beta forum. Pete

5. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

6. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Actually, TH seems to scan quite well here without giving it "Access Physical Memory" rights in PG - unless I'm missing something. Pete

7. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

Spy1,

Are you using TH 4.1 Beta? I agree that Access Physical Memory is not needed. The access violation appears to be only associated with TH 4.1 Beta...I think. :eek:

8. Atomas31

Hi,

The version of TH I've got is 4.1, build : 908.
    TH is on my protection list with access to physical memory.

I beleive that this problem started with the latest upgrade of PG to 3.100 but I don't know why since that situation never happen before, at least, not with the previous version of PGo_O

I have adress this problem a few weeks ago to the support team of TH without any answer and I have send them another email about this problem 2 days ago (no answer to it, yet) and I have also send an email to the support team of PG in the last 1 or 2 days ago (no answer yet). So now, I really don't know what to do?

Atomas31

9. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

siliconman01 - No, sir, I'm still using the 4.0/890 shown in my sig - that's why I'm not experiencing the problem here.

You've done everything you can do at this point - now you just wait. In the meantime, did you un-check "Generic Process Scan" in TH so the scan could complete without the error? Or did that work for you? Pete

10. Atomas31

Hi Spy1,

I've just unchecked generic process scan and trying to scan and this time there is no problem? Does that mean that it is the generic process scan the problem? In fact, what does generic process scan do exactly?

Thanks,
    Atomas31

11. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Atomas31 - The best thing I can suggest for you to do is to go here: http://forum.misec.net/board/TH41 and ask about generic process scanning there.

I'm not running the beta 4.1 right now myself, so I really can't explain anything about it to you - but they can there.

Sorry I can't be of more help. Pete

12. Atomas31

Hi Spy1,

Just to tell you that since I have unchecked generic process scan, I can now scan my system without any problem.

So thank you Spy1 for your help, so far you have help me more than the TH support team :)

Atomas1

13. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Atomas31 - I have just verified that the components that were giving you problems were removed from the final release version of TH 4.1.

See this thread: http://forum.misec.net/board/TrojanHunter/1105117532 .

You need to un-install whatever you've got there - TH- beta-wise - and d/l and install the latest release, instead. Pete

14. Atomas31

Thank's Spy1, TH 4.1 (final release) is now install and working :)

Atomas31

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.