Trojan Horse: Psw.Bispy.D

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by KinkiKutie, Jul 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KinkiKutie

KinkiKutie Registered Member

Kinda sad when I have to come in to say hello to everyone only when I have a problem..... :doubt: But alas, that is the case.
    I ran AVG yesterday and it came up with a trojan horse named PSW.Bispy.D
    says its in my windows system file and sure enough it is theres an application there named biR.
    Avg couldnt get rid of this, so Im asking for help on how to rid myself of this trojan.

Thanks in advance,
    KinkiKutie

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there, can you locate and zip the nasty? You might have to close AVG completely (Open AVG GUI, uncheck all marks, close it again) to have access to the file to sip it and send to submit@diamondcs.com.au
    It is adware. So also with AVG closed Ad-aware, SpybotS&D would be able to get it out, or install the free eval of TDS ( www.diamondcs.com.au ) with all scanners closed, get the latest radius update from the site, reboot if you hadn't done so yet and have a full system scan with still all other scanners closed including resident protection.
    rightclick on the alerts to save to text and paste in your next posting.
    TDS does not clean things automatically, you have to do so manually, hence the request for the alerts log to tell you what to do with each alert.

3. KinkiKutie

KinkiKutie Registered Member

Jooske,

Thank you for the info. I did find a program on the AVG site to get rid of this trojan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.