trojan horse downloader.Turown.F

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by osmilks, Sep 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. osmilks

osmilks Registered Member

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO RID ME OF THIS?
    it is in
    C:\WINNT\system32\IEDriver\ieupdate.exe o_O o_O

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hello Osmilks and welcome to the forum.
    Which scanner detected it for you?
    Did TDS say anything about it too?
    (always disable any other scanner including their resident protection when scanning with TDS to give it free access to all files).

3. osmilks

osmilks Registered Member

avg keeps popping up constantly warning me but doesn't seeem to get rid of this when I scanned. That's the only message I keep getting.

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

www.diamondcs.com.au Download TDS
    close all AVG, including the resident part
    install TDS
    reboot
    AVG still closed, go back to the TDS site and get the new radius definitions update.
    Now with still AVG all closed, start TDS
    After it's initial scans, go to the System Testing and Full System Scan,
    lean back as it takes a while and best to have as many other programs closed as possible to speed up the scan process.
    When ready in the bottom console you have some alerts.
    Right click on one of them and choose save as text; this scandump.txt you can paste into your next posting.
    If you see double extensions (file names) look if you know the thing or not,
    positive identifications look if you know the file or not,
    suspicious / posssible something are things you might like advice for, can submit them for advice submit@diamondcs.com.au
    With your report we can tell you what to do with the alarms.
    It is important during all this scan to keep AVG completely closed to give TDS full access to all files.
    Looking forward to your results!

5. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

that is a know adware threat not a real trojan
    the best cure for it is to run a spyware/adware removal tool like spybot or adaware

TDS does detect and fix quite a lot of adwares but is specifically an anti trojan rather than an adware remover so it might not detect and remove this one and all it's associated baggage, but if tds doesn't detect it and you zip & send the complete IEdriver folder to submit@diamondcs.com.au then they will definitely include detections in their next update

Spybot - Search & Destroy from http://security.kolla.de
    AdAware SE from http://www.lavasoft.de/support/download

6. Kulshan

Kulshan Guest

I just solved this problem by doing a search for td.exe and then removing it. It was wierd that AVG detected the problem, but didn't resolve it.

Cheers!

7. stray

stray Guest

hello i am new at computers and i got two trojan viruses my AVG will not get rid of. i am on TDS but i don't know if i save or open it.
    how do i do all the steps to get rid of them?
    please help i will be so thankful :)

8. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

If you have TDS already then skip the download part. If you have the trial version it's important to update as described, If you have the full paid for version then start tds click on the tds in top left corner and then update databases

TDS3 from http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/

download & install the 30 day free trial, update it manually as described here http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=update as the trial version doesn't have auto update enabled

then press scan control & tick all the little boxes in the bottom part of that window, press save configuration and then close that window by pressing the red X in top right corner, then select system testing and select full system scan

sit back with a cup of coffee and watch what it finds

NOTE:

Unlike set and forget av's TDS works with you, it doesn't auto delete anything but puts a list of found suspect files in the bottom window

right click any file it finds and it gives you options on dealing with it, the normal selection would be delete , but first select "save as text", that will create a logfile of all the found suspect files and put it in the TDS directory called scandump.txt.

post back with the tds log after running please, just copy & paste the entries from the scandump.txt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.