Trojan Horse Dialer.CCA - won't go away!

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by dwilliams, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dwilliams

dwilliams Registered Member

Hi,
    I had cool.exe which I managed to get rid of and now have a Trojan dialler.CCA which just keep coming back. AVG reports it and Ewido finds it and deletes it but it keeps popping back about every 10min or so. I am a day or so away from a reformat its so annoying.

I did a scan whilst in safe mode but Ewido didn't find it. I rebooted and there is was again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have attached a hijackthis log file in case it helps.

Thank you

David Williams

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2006
  2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. vinzenz.ewido

vinzenz.ewido former ewido team

Hi David,

did you execute a complete system scan in safe mode?

Regards,
    Vinzenz

4. dwilliams

Hi,
    Sorry about the HJT log.

Yes I carried out a full system scan in safe mode and nothing was found. I am currently working my way through a list of instructions that involve AVG and Panda scans. I am hopeful that this will provide a solution. If it does I will post the instructions on this board for other users. If not - I'll be back, as they say.

Thank you

David

5. vinzenz.ewido

vinzenz.ewido former ewido team

Huh? Nothing was found? I thought ewido reported this Dialer. If not ewido reported the dialer I don't think that ewido will find it in safe mode. Or if ewido find the file before and it is now not found anymore than it is more likely that ewido has eliminated that threat.

However I hope you will get rid of it.

Regards,
    Vinzenz

6. dwilliams

Hi
    AVG gets it and quarantines it but it keeps coming back. If I dont let AVG handle it then Ewido does find it, quarantines it but it still returns. It's a bitch this one!

David

7. robinb

robinb Registered Member

when you scanned this file in safe mode did you first take off system restore?
    if not System restore might be putting the file back and that is why none of the programs can remove them for good.

robin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.