trojan, hijacked? This is a bad one! Please Help!

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by SpiritSister007, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpiritSister007

SpiritSister007 Registered Member

My computer has gone nuts. Rayonline and bitdefender online said found: WIN32/Agent.BR and WIN32/agent BT, LOOKME.A, SAVE-CAST, updak.dll, rulesak.dll, lspak.dll, all infected. When I sart my computer the only item that shows up under task manager is explorer, systray is gone. Norton Recycle protection wont load, it says NPROTECT.VXD not found, Norton Virus scan wont work, before the comp boots up it says SYMEVNT.386 not found for Norton. Even my little volume control icon is gone from the desktop by the clock. Something called wrapperouter, ezula, dc, inetfuel, bundleouter, vbouncer all have popped in and out of the task manager and something caled hot text was all over the system. Also, spybot has the bad download blocker off everytime I open it even though I turn it back on, I delete something , it shows back up. I am ready to toss this thing out the window. Can anyone help me or is it to far gone :(

Thanks Lori

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi SpiritSister007, and welcome to Wilders.

It sounds like your system has been seriously hijacked, and the best advice I can give you now would be to go to one of the forums that do this type of system cleaning, and post a HijackThis log for analysis.

Do not remove anything on your own with HijackThis, but wait for one of the Spyware Experts to give you advice as some of the infections you mentioned can damage your internet connection, and your system, if removed incorrectly. It will take several posts and using specific removal tools along with instructions from a trusted Spyware Expert to ensure your system is totally cleaned.

As we no longer provide hijackthis log review at Wilders, you can find a list of sites that still do perform this type of log analysis and system cleaning in this link: http://a-sap.org/

Whichever site you choose to go to, please be sure and read their FAQ's and posting guidelines before you post a HijackThis log.

Please let us know how you do, and good luck.

Regards,

snap

3. SpiritSister007

SpiritSister007 Registered Member

Thank you! I will try that and see what happens and let you know. Maybe it will help someone else someday.

4. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

You are welcome, SpiritSister007.

And I hope to see you back here soon, and with a smyle that you got your system back. ;)

Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.