Trojan.gen

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by s0bek, Oct 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s0bek

s0bek Registered Member

Ok so im opening a .rar file and my Avast anti virus detects a virus. So i quickly deleat it, do a system restore to yesterdays checkpoint, unplug my internet and restart my computer. One i rebooted I did a standard search and found nothing.

I heard that a trojan cannot be deleated so i also used TDS-3 and Cleaner and also got nothing.

is it really gone?

2. illukka

illukka Spyware Fighter

hi
    highly likely it is gone, if you did not run the executable inside that infected archive.
    i'd be very surprised if there was a trojan that is detected by avast! that tds doesn't recognise..

you did update tds before the scan?

3. xs0bek

xs0bek Guest

I was pretty new to TDS-3 so im not sure, i probally didnt

well because I used avast first it may have already deleated it

4. Daytripper

Daytripper Guest

If you updated your avast program version today to 4.1.501 , then it probably a old false psitive bug in the unpackers, you can subbmit the file to avast to check :)

5. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Nearly EVERY trojan in existence can be cleaned with the right tools and procedure :) Opening a RAR archive means all files in the archive do actually get read like a table of contents in a book. Your antivirus scanner either protected you or was overly sensitive, either way nothing to worry about. I'd suggest submit the file for analysis too, so you can be sure.

6. xs0bek

xs0bek Guest

somethingsomething[!].exe
    I wonder if the ! had anything to do with it, everything else looked normal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.