Trojan.Foron

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by AndersMaah, Jul 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndersMaah

AndersMaah Guest

Hi all,

A couple of days ago, I recognized (through Zone Alarm) that Internet Explorer started to ask for permission to send information to Internet although the program was not running. Also, the desktop icons dissapeard for a few seconds before returing, after I had been using IE (seems like some kind of program starts). Sometimes two or three instances of iexplore.exe was running. At that time I was using the free edition of AntiVir as a AV.

I did online scanning with several AV. Trend Micro and Norton then discovered a trojan in a .dll file in the system32 folder. Norton calls this trojan "Trojan.Foron" which appeared some day ago. I have now decided to start using Norton again, and downloaded a evaulation copy. Norton took away the "Trojan.Foron" but after that, I now see that the problem still exists, i.e. several instances of iexplore.exe are running in the background although I am not using IE, and when I am using EXPLORER it quite often asks to send information to an IP-address.

Does anyone of you have a clue to what this is? Does it mean that I have not actually completely removed the Trojan.Foron, or could it be some other reason?

Best,
    Anders M
    Vienna,
    Austria

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.