Trojan-dropper.W32.Paradrop.a

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by ghodgson, Oct 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghodgson

ghodgson Registered Member

I ran a scan on my Win XP m/c yesterday with A squared and it found the above trojan, as part of Khooker.exe. Thinking it may be a FP I also ran Ewido but this also found it. It is listed as Khooker.exe, a file that is installed with SIS system VGA drivers. I googled it and many sites said this KHOOKER ,exe is a useless file and delete it. So I quarantined it with Ewido. I then googled for Trojan-dropper.W32.Paradrop.a and nothing was found on the whole net! Can anybody throw any light on this trojan.?
    Thanks Gordon

Last edited: Oct 4, 2005
  2. Hi ghodgson,

Further investigation here may tell you if it's malicious ....

xxxx://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/w32paradropa.html <- swap x's

or supposedly installed as an automated background process ....

xxxx://www.infopackets.com/channels/en/windows/gazette/2003/20030917_sis_khooker_downloadware_and_video_display_trouble_part_2.htm

Maybe a fp but I couldn't confirm this. If it show's up as an 04 entry in HJT, most likely the latter.
    Wait for more replies as I'm sure other's will answer. ;)

GF

3. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

4. ghodgson

Thanks guys, I uploaded the file to Jotti's and it found nothing, it said it was clear. So it looks like a FP, strange that EWIDO and A-SQUARED both identified it as the said trojan. Wonder if Andreas Haak wants to know about this.
    However, the end point being I am going to quarantine it anyway because all the references to KHooker.exe says it can cause problems at startup, so delete it. So nothing lost.
    Thanks again.
    Gordon

5. ghodgson

Uploaded the file to Ewido and A squared yesterday, Ewido have already replied saying this FP will be fixed on the next update. Hows that for service?
    Gordon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.