Trojan Dropper.Small.6.L attacks!

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by deb332, Oct 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deb332

deb332 Registered Member

I'm new to this so please bare with me, and forgive me if there is already a thread for this topic, for I could not find one. I'm having trouble getting rid of this Trojan Horse Dropper.Small.6.L, that my AVG keeps picking up on, but will not remove it. I've been searching the web and other forums on how to get rid of it, but there seems to be a lack of information. The few threads that are answered seem more like comments then solutions, asking for further information and HijackThis logs. I did find one about flushing your system restore points, but that sounded a little sketchy so I did a bit more research and found this one thread that this guy tried that and he couldn't get back in his system. So I'm really at a lost. Is there anyone out there that has actually had this problem, and has manually gotten rid of it with no problems? I can give a HijackThis log if needed.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Deb332, can you please follow the steps located here, just use your AVG instead of Nod32 in step 4.

Hope this helps...

Lets us know how you go...

Cheers :D

3. deb332

deb332 Registered Member

hey Blackspear...ty you so much for your suggestion. i did do what you said, but I ran into a couple of problems. My AVG would not scan in safemode. So I couldn't us it. Nor could I use Ewido, because it made my computer run slow, and I couldn't seem to connect to aol with it in my system, to upgrade it. Everything else worked however, and I think it took care of it. AVG has yet to warn me that I have it since I did that, and everything seems to be in working order again. I'll keep you posted, and let you know if it apears again. Ty you again! Your a life-saver.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.