Trojan Downloader.Small.6.I

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Julianna, May 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julianna

Julianna Registered Member

I have the Downloader.Small.6.I trojan and I can't get rid of it...anyone one ..pleaaaaaaase help me

2. Arin

Arin Registered Member

3. Lorena

Lorena Registered Member

I have the same problem in my puter.
    I have win 2000 pro and use AVG antivirus from grisoft (the free version)
    it says that I have trojan downloader small 6.I
    At the end of test is says it inside
    C:\\RECYCLED\1.exe
    I try to remove it automatically but no way, then try to remove all the files from AVG program and cant do it.
    Then was looking for information about this trojan but not too much around (or maybe I dont know where to search)
    Please I want to get rid of this nasty damn thing....
    will be waiting for your post and thanks in advance.
    Lorena

4. Melrose

Melrose Guest

I just updated AVG and it Healed Downloader Small 6.1, so if you're not up to date this might help.

5. Lorena

Lorena Registered Member

Sorry Melrose:
    Maybe you are so lucky or maybe this computer is against me but I updated my AVG (take in mind that mine is a free version) and nothing happened.....
    so please I need a real, possible way to solve this problem
    thanks again
    Lorena

6. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi Lorena,

You said this virus is in your Recyle Bin? C:\\RECYCLED\

Have you tried emptying the recycle bin?

You could follow the instructions and steps over here:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15913

And then post your hijackthis log over in the Adware, Spyware, Hijack cleaning forum where one of our Experts can review.

Regards,

snap

7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Mind you if you have a scanner installed to close it completely when you try another scanner or online scanner to deal with it, or your scanner may block access to the file(s). The AVG scanner must be closed by opening the GUI and uncheck all the options by which the systray icon will gray out. Then you can do a scan with another scanner that can deal with it, a fully updated TDS for instance, whatever. But i think if AVG fully updated is able to detect it it should be able to deal with it, deleting it for instance?
    If you are on XP or ME also before you reboot disable system-restore and after reboot enable system-restore again and make manually a new restore point. So it can't come back with the system restore.
    You can always locate the file, zip it and send it in to the address in my signature as you might have a new version of the infection if your scanner can't handle it completely.

8. Lorena

Lorena Registered Member

I empty my recycle bin, nothing inside but AVG still says I have it there.
    I turned my windows 2000 pro to be able to see hide forders too, looked inside recycle bin and nothing was there. Run AVG again and it says C:\\recycle\1.exe.
    My windows 2000 pro is up to date, my AVG is up to date (but its the free version).
    I try to remove the whole thing automatically with AVG, no way.
    The worst thing is that Im not able to see it, to get it, so I can delete it or remove it.
    Is there any program able to remove this tojan?
    what happen if I leave it there?
    Please and expert answer thanks

9. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

U could follow the instructions at that link that snapdragin posted in reply #6.

snowbound

10. Lorena

Lorena Registered Member

I solved the problem removing the trojan from my C: drive using DOS prompt.
    I tried all your suggestions before but nothing happened. Was lucky, my boyfriend knows DOS (LOL)
    Thanks

11. Andr

Andr Guest

Hi, I´m from Brazil and i have the same problem.I was looking for informations about this file onthe internet and i found this forum i thought if you guys could really help me.I use AVG 6.1 and windows XP pro the trojan says to be found in C:\System Volume Information and i cant enter the in this it says acess denied.and sometimes the avg says it´s in there and when i update and run the AVG test it finds nothing.I really hope you could help me.Thanks and sorry for any missunderstanding about the writting.

12. snowbound

Hi Andre :)

Welcome to Wilders.

Could u give us the complete name of the file it is in?

Does it say Restore anywhere in the file name?

If so, It is in your Systems restore. Following these instructions should get rid of it,

http://www.pchell.com/virus/systemrestore.shtml

Hope this helps.

snowbound

13. TBD

TBD Registered Member

Edited: Sorry i posted about the wrong trojan :eek:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2004
  14. Andr

Andr Guest

Hi. Thanks for the advices, but one thing i did not understand. Is this thing that TBD is saying in my computer or in his computer is another one?and TBD did you try fdisk /mbr is a command that open all rails of your hard disk including the rail before the first and after the last that is where the virus often hide.Well, I didn´t have time to try the steps snowbound send to me but i´ll try later and snowbound could please explain me what is the System Restore function and what happens when I deactivate it?
    Thanks

15. snowbound

16. TBD

TBD Registered Member

Last edited: Jun 3, 2004
  17. I know i´m talking about something else and not this downloader.small.6.1 but my pc is really strange and i need help.Today when i was on the internet and I opened my internet explorer another page opened ( i always leave at about:blank) and the page that opened has the adress about:blank but and I tried to change the adress but its always the same page that opens and lots of pop-ups opens too saying that I´m with an Spyware but i dont trust any spyware killer then i want you to help me please!Thanks

18. snowbound

19. Jindra

Jindra Guest

I would say the solution is on the following website:
    <http://69.50.173.250/uninstall.htm>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.