Trojan.ByteVerify

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by yeltsin, Apr 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yeltsin

yeltsin Registered Member

I'm new to this forum, so I hope it the correct forum. Never the less I wanted to
    post a virus attack form website: hxxp://buy-traffic.net/tds2/index.php

Clicking on the link: ~~snip~~
    I got the Virus alert with Object Name: ...\msjld.jar-5af973e1-6e166957.zip

Antivirus program running NORTON.

I know there is a site/forum whereto to post these findings, but was unable to find it.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2005
  2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there, not sure myself which could be the best forum for this at the moment.

Did you scan your system with TDS for instance, do you have WormGuard installed which might have blocked invasions, did you use Port Explorer to see if anything illigal was trying to connect, do you have ProcessGuard installed which alerted on something trying to do anything not allowed, did your regisry protection alarm, and your firewall?

If you just visit a website and allow nothing and press nothing it should not cause any alert if the site is clean. When you do get such files unasked for it is run away, clean caches and scan.
    But you clicked the link to download something, got the alert, i would not download it or if you do have the file scanned on every online scanner and with your installed scanners.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/trojan.byteverify.html description of the nasty, so every reason to stay away there.

If you did not get on that page intentionally, you could be infected with some malware, cws, maybe the trojan alerted on as that has the habit opening backdoors and adding sites to your favorites, among others.
    So please follow the cleansing instructions in this thread to the letter!
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=50662
    A hjt log in one of the ASAP forums will be very helpfull here!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.