Trojan.Bookmarker.Gen

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by gordo, Jul 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gordo

gordo Registered Member

HI not sure if this is where I would post this. I've been trying to get rid of this Trojan.Bookmarker.Gen for two days now. I have tried everything Symantec has suggested and it still comes up. It states a dll file. C:\Windows\System32\resonaf.dll. But I can't find the file in system32. Any suggestions.

Thanks
    Gordo

2. mHtt

mHtt Guest

I am having this same problem as well. I ran hijackthis.exe in safe mode and deleted the file manually, at this time, it was called HLPOAO.dll, it then reappeared as DBK.dll, so I, again in safe mode used hijackthis, and it changed it's name to CAFGLA.dll. I tried to create a .dll file in notepad of the same name over top of it, but my comp keeps saying that it cannot create the file, and to make sure the path is correct.

Norton Antivirus, 2003 has done **** all except to spam my workspace with a message saying there's a virus on my comp. The only way to stop that was to turn off autoprotect.

I even tried to delete it in command prompt, but got this:

Code:
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32>del cafgla.dll
    Could Not Find C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\cafgla.dll
    any help would be appreciated.

PS ^^Bump.

3. i really need to know how to get allaboutsearching of my comp. anybody know how?

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

5. bfried7

bfried7 Guest

I am having the same problem for two weeks and Ive tried everything. The file name keeps changing. It comes in 3's Norton gets rid of two of them but can't have access and can't repair the third. I don't know what its doing to my system but the pot up warning form norton sure are anoying Help

6. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

7. bfried7

bfried7 Guest

Both didn't work , I've tried just about everything. It comes up about twice a day and at this point Norton just quarentiens them and I move on

8. bfried7

bfried7 Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.