Trojan.Bookmarker.Gen help...

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Jtoerner11, Aug 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jtoerner11

Jtoerner11 Registered Member

I was reading over the July 19th thread and I was wondering if there was anyway that I could get some help. I downloaded the TDS3 and the Autostart viewer. I clicked all the tabs and ran the scan but then no alerts came up. I still have the norton antivirus message saying that C:\Windows\system32\Ibpp.dll cannot be repaired. Maybe I am doing something wrong. I am just frustrated because I just have the sasser virus taken off before leaving for school and then my first day on the internet this happens.

Any help would be great
    Thanks,
    Jtoerner11

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi Jtoerner11, and welcome to Wilders.

Symantec's has a write up about this here: Trojan.Bookmarker.Gen

You can try an on-line scan from one of these anti-virus sites: Free Services

But this type of hijacker can be a difficult one to remove since the culprit .dll is usually locked and hidden, and will require posting a HijackThis log and using specific tools and steps to follow advised by a Spyware Expert.

I am afraid we no longer do hijackthis log analysis here, but you can find a list of trusted spyware removal forums that do this type of system cleaning at this link: http://a-sap.org/

Whichever site you choose to go to, be sure and read their Posting Proceedures before you post your hijackthis log for analysis.

Please let us know how it goes.

Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.