TROJAN BACKDOOR PRORAT PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by johnuk39, Mar 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnuk39

johnuk39 Registered Member

Hello i hope someone may be able to help me.
    I have 2 viruses on my pc .
    TROJAN BACKDOOR PRORAT reginv.dll
    TROJAN BACKDOOR PRORAT winkey.dll
    I have norton but it does not get rid of these viruses.
    I have read lots on the forum about safe mode and registery stuff to get rid of them but this is a bit over my head.
    I also read that someone downloaded some prorat software from a snip site that did the trick.
    Does anyone know what this software is called or can anyone give me any help with getting rid of these nasty viruses.

Thankyou John.

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. Randy_Bell

Randy_Bell Registered Member

4. johnuk39

johnuk39 Registered Member

hello snowbound,
    thanks for your help on the above matter and i managed to get rid of the viruses from someones post on the bullguard site.
    i will run through what it said and i hope it will be of help to someone with the same problems.
    as you know i had 2 prorat backdoor viruses so you have to do the same procedure for each of them you cant get rid of both at the same time.
    so this is how i did it thanks to leetkid14 of the bullguard site.
    go to prorat.net site and download prorat_v1.9.
    after unzipping it,open it and you get a display.
    there are several icons click on the second icon from the left the one with a brush over a disk.
    choose remove prorat server or remove prorat downloader and it will diplay a message of either success fully removed or you are not infected and by clicking on that icon it will take the prorat server or downloader out of your system.
    i then did a norton scan and the two viruses were still showing but i was able to quarateen them then delete them for good.
    before i downloaded prorat norton would show them i would delete them but they just came back on the next scan.
    so the prorat download must get rid of them from the port for good.
    anyway if worked for me thanks for your help.

can i now ask another question.
    my pc seems to be ok not affected in anyway.
    am i to assume that if a hacker got into my pc he could only see the pages i was on at the time.
    i am asking this because i have online banking and did not risk going into it at the time so will it be safe to use the same password and the same password on other stuff.
    hope you can help sorry this is so long winded.

thankyou again.

5. Randy_Bell

Randy_Bell Registered Member

I'm not snowbound but my two cents is, you should change your passwords, since your old passwords could have been compromised while you were infected with this backdoor. ;)

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Agreed, I'd be changing all passwords ASAP.

Cheers :D

7. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

I also agree. :D

As soon as possibe! ;)

snowbound

8. ndc1121

ndc1121 Guest

I was infected with this and the easiest way to get rid of it would be to go to http://download.mcafee.com/eval/evaluate2.asp and download the 30-day free trial of Mcfee VirusScan (I recommend buying.)

Scan your files and after that is done click cancel on the autoclean part. Mcafee will bring up a different screen and check the boxes of the virus' you want to delete, click delete then click restart.

Once you restart try scanning your files again with Mcafee or any virus scanner you want and they should not come up.

Your welcome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.