Troj/Dloader-FC I must spank mutha f~(%Er!! !

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by racoons13, May 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. racoons13

racoons13 Guest

Hey Dudes! Any of ya still out there? I need to know how to remove Troj/Dloader-FC from my system. Any help wouyld be appreciated Friggen bunches. HELP!!!

Oh yeah...I'm using XsoftSpy, AdAware SE, NAV Internet Security 2005 and a couple other "protection" programs. My middle finger salutes them one and all!

~removed email address....Bubba~

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2005
  2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Hey Racoon13 and welcome to Wilders!

Have you scanned with any other Anti-Spyware apps or Anti-Trojan apps?

I recommend these spyware programs
    And this Anti-Trojan program:
    These should be able to remove the trojan. And, they are good to use regularly to keep your system clean :)

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2005
  3. racoons13

racoons13 Registered Member

I KNOW MAAAN!!! I USINK DEM DARE PROGRMS ^<>^ ~u~ d_b
    But seriously...I use three out of the five you suggested but I can't seem to get rid of it! I was going to try to run a copy of SAV32CLI after restarting in Safe Mode to remove the Troj/Dloader-FC. Any suggestions, like what, if any, registry entries I should edit? And...are you Capp or Bubba? Or both?? :doubt:

4. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Which of these programs have you tried?
    I am Capp, not Bubba...he is his own man :)

Take a deep breath, calm down and we'll get it figured out [​IMG]

5. racoons13

racoons13 Registered Member

...and exhale. OK I'm calm.
    Thanks. I needed that!
    I've turned all my friends and relatives on to Ad-Aware [most still use the free version, but very successfully] I feel let down. I upgraded to the SE registered version with Ad-Watch as soon as it was released. I don't know, but it seems to me the free version worked better. Maybe Ad-Watch is doing the work. I never liked Spybot Search and Destroy. It seemed to miss a bunch that Ad-Aware caught. I've tried Spywareblaster with similar results but I guess I could give it another try.
    I'm downloading ewido right now. I'm only on dialup so...well I'll be realistic, don't wait up! What next? o_O :cool:

6. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Well,
    It sounds like you are on the right track. Get ewido installed and updated and run a full scan in safe mode. It should be able to catch it.

It is my recommendation to run AdAware and Spyboy S&D hand-in-hand. They compliment each other well. Both can catch and remove things that the other misses. I run only the free version of all those programs I mentioned above and have no problems.

have you thought about trying the beta of Microsoft Anti-Spyware? It is a very good tool and is still free for the time being (don't know if it will stay that way or not) It has caught and cleaned some things for me that the other 2 missed.

Keep us informed of your status and give them a try.

Good Luck! :D

7. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

8. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Thanks FC...that should prove to be useful :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.