Troj/Bettinet-a

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by mbld2005, Apr 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mbld2005

mbld2005 Guest

I am running windows xp pro.

I am getting scores of popups every time I am on line.

I have tried several spyware removal softwares and virus scan without success.

The last virus scan showed up the following "troj/bettinet-a" but aparently failed to remove it.

Any ideas for anyone ?

Can TDS 3 detect an remove this trojan ?

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Re: Troj/Betinett-a

you might want to go to the link here and follow the instructions and it should fix you up. if not please post back here.

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there, éven if the name is not in the TDS primaries list, chances are high TDS does locate the malware as a possible or suspicious trojan and recommends to zip the file and submit it to the address in my signature for further instructions.

To install TDS download the software, close all scanners and their resident protection, install TDS, reboot, get the latest radius update from the TDS site and start TDS. After the initial startup scans, get into the Scan control and set it to all scan options and highest sensitivity when you do a full scan.
    You might like to reboot in safe mode and do it again (to ease deletion of files maybe in use!)
    During the TDS full System scan it's best to have other scanners and their resident protection and unnecessary processes closed to give TDS free access to all files and speed up the scanning process.

If you install Port Explorer (free trial at www.diamondcs.com.au ) you can easily locate the process and kill it etc.

If this is not enough it's really time to follow all BigC's cleansing recommendations.

Please post back how it goes!

EDIT: which software found this scan result?
    The nasty has several aliases, in TDS it is detected as Revop.c
    http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/virus.aspx?id=41686

Also known as 2nd Thought (Pest Patrol), Adware-abetterintrnt (McAfee), Adware-abetterintrnt.dr (McAfee), W32/Agent.CY@dl (F-Secure), W32/Agent.J (F-Secure), W32/BetterI.A@bd (F-Secure), Win32/BettInet.45056!Backdoor, Win32.BettInet.C, Win32.BettInet.C!CAB , Win32.BettInet.D, Win32.BettInet.E, Win32.BettInet.F, Win32.BettInet.F!CAB , Troj/BettInet-A (Sophos), TROJ_REVOP.F (Trend), SearchCentrix (Pest Patrol), Win32/SillyDL.70656!Trojan, Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.ab (Kaspersky), Trojan.Win32.Revop.c (Kaspersky), Troj/Winpup-E (Sophos)

Last edited: May 1, 2005
  4. illukka

illukka Spyware Fighter

that is vx2 spyware
    your best chance to clean it is to post a hijackthis log at one of the ASAP forums

@Jooske
    tds detects vx2/abetterinternet as adware vx2
    or adware.Abetterinternet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.