Triple Threat

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by btman, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kdm31091

kdm31091 Registered Member

To be fair, Spyware Terminator never did anything wrong. Yes it was assosiated with a spyware company, but as the Rogue list note says, IT NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS IN TESTING. It did not install spyware. Evidently, it still REMOVED spyware.

So it may have had flaky connections but it still was a working antispyware.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

there are other freebies but not ones with realtime protection.

if u dont trust it, dont use it. end of story.

3. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

Bad for me cause i said ''it was'' a spyware distributor, actually CRAWLER, LLC it is still a spyware/adware distributor.

First go to :
    http://www.crawlerparental.com/about.aspx
    And click on ''To learn more about Crawler products, please see our product list'', the product list include ''Crawler Toolbar'' , ''FunUtilities.com'' a site with over 4000 ''free'' screensavers etc...So to conclude behind the Spyware Terminator is still a spyware/adware distributor. :blink:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2006
  4. kdm31091

But Spyware Terminator is still a working app that does not appear to mess with our systems. It uninstalls cleanly. It doesn't make popups appear. It does remove spyware. I don't see the danger.

5. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

Ok, then i ask again :

- Let's say that tomorrow Cydoor publish a free Spyware Scanner and announce everyone that is not a spyware producer anymore but if you look in the Cydoor site you'll still can find over 4000 ''free'' screensavers, whould you trust that?
    - Why Crawler LLC want to use IE only to install the ''free'' screensavers?
    - Why Lavasoft, Spybot or Ewido doesn't have a site with ''free'' screensavers ?

Come on people wake up.

6. kdm31091

We trust it because it actually REMOVES spyware, it doesn't create any on our machines, it seems effective, it isn't forcing or nagging us to download their spyware-like products...

7. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

Good for you, Kdm31091. Good luck with Spyware Terminator.Personally i would never trust someone's website with 4000 ''free'' screensavers. :)

And btw, this is from PC World site

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.